Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I was gonna do it and I did! I fitted a set of Hardkrome Strippers on my Fury. Took me a little over 6 hours to do it cause it needed some bending and twisting and some welding to get er done. Not as easy as the cruzer bracket by far but hey I had to try. You want loud get the Strippers! Cause for sure your neighbors won't love you!!!

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice!

Those look great? Hopefully they come out with some for the fury since I doubt I could do the work needed. Do you have the link to their website? Compare them to Vance and Hines. Are they louder?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
awesome! bike looks excellent.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
That looks sick! Congrats on getting them to work! What pipe diameter are they, they look huge compared to the stock crap.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! It was hard as hell to put them on but it was worth it! I'll try to get a sound clip for them. Predator they are alot bigger than stock cause the outter of the heat shield is 2.5 inches in diameter. It's a really tight fit around the covers. I got about 1/2 inch clearance between covers so it's pretty close as compared to the stockers. The link for the Hardkrome pipes Hard-Krome Motorcycle Exhaust Systems - Guaranteed Not To Blue. if any of you guys are curious. I got them from Meancycles for 425$. All i can say is if you guys want it to fit it will with a little time and patience cause I got tired of waiting for everyone else.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Strippers look AWESOME! I will for sure be ordering a set. Are you having any problems with fuel management or has the Fury's auto enricher circuit been able to handle it? One or two pops through the pipes during deceleration and no hesitation during hard acceleration would be the ultimate goal with aftermarket exhaust-anything short of this would indicate a lean condition and require aftermarket fuel management.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Strippers look AWESOME! I will for sure be ordering a set. Are you having any problems with fuel management or has the Fury's auto enricher circuit been able to handle it? One or two pops through the pipes during deceleration and no hesitation during hard acceleration would be the ultimate goal with aftermarket exhaust-anything short of this would indicate a lean condition and require aftermarket fuel management.
To tell you the truth Gary I was worried that it was gonna pop on acceleration but it hasn't. All my fears with these pipes have not come true. Crusin' , hard acceleration and decel not an ounce of popping surprising. It mapped it self after about 30 miles I would say. It was louder at first t'il it remapped itself then got a little quieter. No lean condition at all! I was very surprised! The Strippers are another very good choice to add to the Fury exhaust line-up!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks really nice... I am glad they worked out for ya... I put the Cobra Speedster Slashdowns about a month ago. Been the best mod so far...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks guys! It was hard as hell to put them on but it was worth it! I'll try to get a sound clip for them. Predator they are alot bigger than stock cause the outter of the heat shield is 2.5 inches in diameter. It's a really tight fit around the covers. I got about 1/2 inch clearance between covers so it's pretty close as compared to the stockers. The link for the Hardkrome pipes Hard-Krome Motorcycle Exhaust Systems - Guaranteed Not To Blue. if any of you guys are curious. I got them from Meancycles for 425$. All i can say is if you guys want it to fit it will with a little time and patience cause I got tired of waiting for everyone else.
i,ve been waiting on the hardchromes-u just made up my mind do go the early route.which set did u get the c1300 or the s 1300? what did u have to weld?-thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i,ve been waiting on the hardchromes-u just made up my mind do go the early route.which set did u get the c1300 or the s 1300? what did u have to weld?-thanks
I got the pipes for a 1300C. I ended up buy using the top half of the bracket that came with the pipes the top section that mounts the two pipes together. I cut it right at the bend just before the mounting holes. Then I used 1 1/4 flat bar 1/4 inch thick. I ended up by cutting it at 12 inches is what your gonna need. I cut a notch in the flat bar about 3/8 of an inch to fit the bracket in the flat bar and it's flush with the end then welded the 2 together. It ends up by being kinda like an L shape. Then you must bend the flat bar about twenty degrees at the 8 inch mark just one inch before the bracket that was welded on. Then once that's done at the 8 inch mark you cut a slice in the flat bar and twist it with a crescent wrench for the flat bar to fit flush with the mounting bracket of the bike. Weld up the gap you cut then make the measurements for your holes in the flat bar to mount to the bikes bracket. Paint it black, I used brake caliper paint good to 900 degrees then mount the pipes. I'm a mechanic buy trade and it still took me over 6 hours to make this bracket. It wasn't easy and I mounted and dismounted that damn bracket at least 20 times before getting it right. Good luck I hope it works out for you! I'll get pictures of the bracket as many as I can but I'm not taken it off again!LOL!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks really nice... I am glad they worked out for ya... I put the Cobra Speedster Slashdowns about a month ago. Been the best mod so far...
Thanks again for taking the plunge! It my best mod so far! I don't mind fooling around and modifying my buddies bikes but when it comes to mine I always get iffy! Your pipes look awesome too! These fitted exhausts are one of a kind for sure!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks Cory-ordered last night, almost got the straights w/tips but after looking at pics of your fury i think the strippers fit the bike the best:D how long did it take for meancycles to get the pipes to u?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Strippers ir Big Straights?

What is the difference between the Strippers and the Big Straights? It looks like the Big Straights are a little longer and they come in 2.75" and 3" instead of the 2.5" you see for the Strippers. Are the 2.75" or 3" going to be too loud (is that possible)? Is there going to be a performance difference, because the look is very similar?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sweet looking pipes. Got a question for you Cory, is that seat you got on there original or did you go with a Honda after market? I haven't took the riders pad off mine yet and was wondering if the original seat lays back like that and what you did with the hardware that held the riders pad on? BTW Mine is black, enter your in the July contest, got my vote.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts