Honda Fury Forums: banner

Hardkrome Velocity Pro 2 into 1

292 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mbaskett
I installed these following the paper instructions. I can not close the gap completely between the pipes and the muffler. Anyone else have this problem? If you fixed it, how?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle
See less See more
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Had the same issue with my sideburners. Took alot of pushing and wiggling but it went in
Reactions: 4
I installed these following the paper instructions. I can not close the gap completely between the pipes and the muffler. Anyone else have this problem? If you fixed it, how? View attachment 246306
Piece of wood a hammer and some penetrating oil
Reactions: 5
Personally, I use a calipers to make sure it's all going to fit (diameter and length), then clean the exhaust pipe with a brass wheel on a drill with some cleaner if it needs it. I might use a little copper anti-seize, maybe, depending.

I wrap the far end of the exhaust in a doubled-up microfiber cloth and zip-tie that to the pipe, then for flat-ended exhausts place a block of wood between the hammer and pipe it and tap it in; for curved--that's different. I wrap the whole bike and exhaust in microfiber cloths and wiggle-wiggle all the way (I did a post a few years back on this, with pics).

I always put clean cardboard on the floor so if when I drop something it lands softly. If the exhaust has a sharp tip I'll even put a plastic coffee container or something similar under the exhaust pipe (with a microfiber cloth on top of it) so the tip doesn't get bent if the pipe slips and falls. I might also put a rounded wood plug in the far end and then zip-tie a cloth over that because that's the time everyone wants to talk to me, and I get distracted easily. Really the best thing is to do the work in the shipping container where I store my stuff and leave the phone on silent so I can concentrate. There's not enough room to shoot a video, but whatever, I hate editing video anyway. (and I suck at it)

(and i'm ugly)
See less See more
If you use some exhaust joint paste, it will lubricate it enough to slide together. It will also ensure a leak proof joint when it dries.
If you use some exhaust joint paste, it will lubricate it enough to slide together. It will also ensure a leak proof joint when it dries.
Pro Tip: If there's no backpressure there are no leaks.
:evil:
  • Helpful
Reactions: 3
Personally, I use a calipers to make sure it's all going to fit (diameter and length), then clean the exhaust pipe with a brass wheel on a drill with some cleaner if it needs it. I might use a little copper anti-seize, maybe, depending.

I wrap the far end of the exhaust in a doubled-up microfiber cloth and zip-tie that to the pipe, then for flat-ended exhausts place a block of wood between the hammer and pipe it and tap it in; for curved--that's different. I wrap the whole bike and exhaust in microfiber cloths and wiggle-wiggle all the way (I did a post a few years back on this, with pics).

I always put clean cardboard on the floor so if when I drop something it lands softly. If the exhaust has a sharp tip I'll even put a plastic coffee container or something similar under the exhaust pipe (with a microfiber cloth on top of it) so the tip doesn't get bent if the pipe slips and falls. I might also put a rounded wood plug in the far end and then zip-tie a cloth over that because that's the time everyone wants to talk to me, and I get distracted easily. Really the best thing is to do the work in the shipping container where I store my stuff and leave the phone on silent so I can concentrate. There's not enough room to shoot a video, but whatever, I hate editing video anyway. (and I suck at it)

(and i'm ugly)
I'm a big fan of copper anti-seize. It stops all sorts of things from being impossible to disassemble.
I'm a big fan of copper anti-seize. It stops all sorts of things from being impossible to disassemble.
It's not impossible if it's a liquid! ;)

See less See more
  • Haha
1 - 8 of 8 Posts