Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who have balls big enough to convert Fury to the hardtail? I assume the tire can be a lot wider as there would be no swing-arm limitation. It does not look that complicated to do...

honda-fury-furious-h-4_1600x0w.jpg honda-fury-furious-h-6_1600x0w.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
I get the feeling it would cost a fair bit o cash. It's a whole new frame after all. Although the cheap way would be to change the shock for a solid metal bar. Be easier to adjust the ride height that way aswell. Lol.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the feeling it would cost a fair bit o cash. It's a whole new frame after all. Although the cheap way would be to change the shock for a solid metal bar. Be easier to adjust the ride height that way aswell. Lol.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Why new frame? Can easily weld pipes to the end of existing.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
You could do a hard tail without doing a new frame and very cheap. Remove the shock. Figure out what height you wanted it to ride at (very low) and install square metal tubing in place of the shock...... Then say goodbye to your kidneys.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just my thoughts , but why would ya want to do that to a Fury in the first place...just so ya can say ya did it?????

Beside the friggen stock seat on a fury is hard enought already.....I finally figured out why it only has a 3.4 gallon fuel tank....ya have to get off it at least once every 150 miles.....your butt hurts like hell then goes numb and ya can't stand up.....lol That is one thing Honda can not do right and that's design a comfortable seat....lol

I did a ride from Atlanta to Augusta to Savannah to Brunswich to Valdosta back to Atlanta GA with a couple of stops along the way and overnight in Savannah.....about 740 miles total over two days.:cool:

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Who have balls big enough to convert Fury to the hardtail? I assume the tire can be a lot wider as there would be no swing-arm limitation. It does not look that complicated to do...
Did mine in photoshop 2 years ago :rolleyes:.

Pretty hard to improve on the beauty of this design :) or exceed the discomfort of its riding position :eek: ...

Problem is the driveshaft will still limit you to a 250.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just my thoughts , but why would ya want to do that to a Fury in the first place...just so ya can say ya did it?????

Beside the friggen stock seat on a fury is hard enought already.....I finally figured out why it only has a 3.4 gallon fuel tank....ya have to get off it at least once every 150 miles.....your butt hurts like hell then goes numb and ya can't stand up.....lol That is one thing Honda can not do right and that's design a comfortable seat....lol

I did a ride from Atlanta to Augusta to Savannah to Brunswich to Valdosta back to Atlanta GA with a couple of stops along the way and overnight in Savannah.....about 740 miles total over two days.:cool:
I may be wrong, but the price could be under $600

Why to do it:
1. You could use wide tire, 350 for sure and maybe even 400 (no swing arm)
2. You can lower the bike so the gap between the rear fender and tire is only 1/4"
3. Looks cool

·
Registered
341 Posts
I may be wrong, but the price could be under $600

Why to do it:
1. You could use wide tire, 350 for sure and maybe even 400 (no swing arm)
2. You can lower the bike so the gap between the rear fender and tire is only 1/4"
3. Looks cool
Knock it out.... I'll be waiting for your pics....:)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did mine in photoshop 2 years ago :rolleyes:.

Problem is the driveshaft will still limit you to a 250.
Gar, something wrong with the picture. Looks like the fender is lowered not the whole bike. Anyway do you thing it would be hard to do it?

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Gar, something wrong with the picture. Looks like the fender is lowered not the whole bike.
Yeah, I'm running the 250/50R23 rear tire :D. Gets 120 mph top speed and a serious speedo error :eek:. Drew it up as joke for the guys trying to get around the speed limiter.
Anyway do you thing it would be hard to do it?
Perfect task for Kurt (Sumo-X) as a bolt on kit. Shouldn't cost too much more that his swing arm mod :cool:. Collect the discarded swing arms to make workshop stools :eek:.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I'm running the 250/50R23 rear tire :D. Gets 120 mph top speed and a serious speedo error :eek:. Drew it up as joke for the guys trying to get around the speed limiter.
Aftermarket speedo will fix the problem :D

Perfect task for Kurt (Sumo-X) as a bolt on kit. Shouldn't cost too much more that his swing arm mod :cool:. Collect the discarded swing arms to make workshop stools :eek:.
I don't know about bolt-on but it should not be that hard just to bend and weld 2 pipes with plates for the hub. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I think replacing the swing arm with the traditional "A or diamond" soft tail swing arm is the way to go.You get the looks and the comfort. I have never liked the swing arm Honda used as it spoils the lines of the frame.

BTW that photo is from a series of factory customs Honda allowed their 1300 custom line designers to build.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
:)........you know it only a matter of time before some 20 year old comes along that bought a cheap used fury and hacks the rear off to make it a hard tail..... Ah remember thoughs day when your back could handle it..lol

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
But why?:confused:

or buy a (cough cough) hd frame and try to put the motor in it would be cheaper
but again
Why?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts