Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Why new frame? Can easily weld pipes to the end of existing.
Just said new frame because that perticular bike looks like it uses a new frame. The top n bottom frame tubes look like they are both 1 piece. I'm deff thinking of switching out my shock for a solid bar n drop the back as much as possible. Would look seriously cool. Lol.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
But why?:confused:

or buy a (cough cough) hd frame and try to put the motor in it would be cheaper
but again
Why?
i dont get it either...........t
1. Just trying to make this forum a little bit more interesting.
2. Looks cool when the gap between rear tire and fender is 1/4"
3. Install fat tire and could be a lot cheaper than Sumo-X (no need for swing arm and torque arm) and definitely a lot cheaper than frankenfury
4. Why not?

Why to do any mods at all?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
People love the look of a fender that hugs the tire... best way to do that is with a hardtail. Otherwise, you get the gap between the seat and fender like the HD Rocker, and I think that gap looks hideous. It was the sole reason I don't own a rocker today.

I understand people looking to be extreme... it's when people push the envelope that we find those in-between steps that the masses will jump on.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

The Fury is a compromise, you can ride it :)
The Furious is no compromise ;).

p.s. They both were conceived at Honda R&D Americas.
The only thing that makes it hard to ride is the handlebars. I think they looks cool but would not choose them for my bike. You can still ride the hardtail!

Like I said before: I would do it in the heartbeat if I had some help with pipe bender and welding. I just don't wanna pay some shop to do it for me, don't have that kind of budget.

I would also add another 2* or 3* to the rake, but I think it's ridicules how much the shop charges for the 3 cuts and welds.

Gar: I'm not 20 years old, I'm 20x2.1 years old :rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone got any idea how low you can go at the rear b4 you start worrying about buffing the exhaust when cornering?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Anyone got any idea how low you can go at the rear b4 you start worrying about buffing the exhaust when cornering?

Some members of the forum reported scraping the cobra sweeps on the stock spring. If I ever do this mod I will change my cobras for something custom anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
1. Just trying to make this forum a little bit more interesting.
Evo, most of us are dealing with snow and cold weather, the only thing we are thinking about is March 21st, we plan our winters before the winter and budget accordingly. I'm sure if you would have posted this idea back then you would have been received better.

Don't take it personal, some people like the fury just the way it is. To each his own...:D

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Evo, most of us are dealing with snow and cold weather, the only thing we are thinking about is March 21st, we plan our winters before the winter and budget accordingly. I'm sure if you would have posted this idea back then you would have been received better.

Don't take it personal, some people like the fury just the way it is. To each his own...:D
Don't take me wrong I love it the way it is, but I get bored very quickly. I'm trading cars for new ones almost every year without loosing any money on it. But unfortunately I can't do this with my Fury, so I have to change something in it all the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why new frame? Can easily weld pipes to the end of existing.
You could do a hard tail without doing a new frame and very cheap. Remove the shock. Figure out what height you wanted it to ride at (very low) and install square metal tubing in place of the shock...... Then say goodbye to your kidneys.
Well i kinda did this but did not want it to look all sketchy i had someone in mexico make one i gave him the old strut and he gonna make it from scarth and put 2inch wide solid metal and 1inch shorter from the original strut its going to be mad solid will have pictures soon. Price range 150dlls for that ill update on how it rides

21 - 32 of 32 Posts