Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my license through a H-D dealer near my place and since then, they've been sending me a bunch of e-mails letting me know about discounts and deals they have. I don't mind it, so I don't "Stop" the e-mails.

I take a peak every once in a while at the gear they have for sale and I think they have pretty nice stuff. Especially their jackets-boots and gloves.
I wouldn't mind spending the little extra to get a good quality jacket or even boots, but since I don't ride a Harley, I don't get it.

What do you guys think? Does it matter that you don't ride a Harley to buy the gear? Or do you think it's "misplaced"?

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I say if you like it buy it and wear it. However, I personally wouldn't wear Harley, Honda, Chevy.....whatever clothing. The leather jacket I have doesn't have anything on it, but that's the way I like it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Buy and wear what you want.
But you might want to take off the side emblems and rear sticker that say "HONDA."

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
My brother in law sent me a HD shirt from Guam since they know I collect motorcycle things, especially shirts (now it's the chips). Saturday I wore it and a friend's dad asked what I ride. Of course o showed off my Fury pic. He says wait, you ride a HONDA and wear a HARLEY shirt? I said Yep. The shirt was a gift. The bike actually gets attention. His last words to me were next chance I can buy a HARLEY. I said nah, the Fury suits me just fine. Should have wore my YOUR BIKE SUCKS shirt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ride what you want, Wear what you want!!!!!

Personally I think there are plenty of great gear manufacturers that are third party that I would recommend over buying the Harley stuff. Honestly Harley just gets royalties for use of their logo and the other companies are making the products for them anyway.

You will very likely get a lot of FLAK from the Harley riders on a Honda wearing the Harley gear. You can use that as a conversation starter but more often than not it just becomes a manufacturer comparison pissing contest, because they are just as die hard Harley Fans and Honda Haters as we Honda Lovers and Harley Haters. Just be prepared for all the "Harley or Die" people calling you an imitator and have some witty retorts for them!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I agree with you Phate. I guess I gotta keep looking for some good quality stuff without the harley name and price!

I still say we should make our own "HOG" group and call it "Honda Owner Group" :-D
And our recruiting point would be: HOG, where we ride our bikes, not always fix them :) ha ha

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the gear people choose to wear is simply a reflection of taste or life style choice's, and not so much "BRAND LOYALTY". There will alway's be loyalist or small minded people out there, who simply ride HD because of the free reputation that comes with the owner's manual.
I believe in the spirit of the rider not the image, THe whole "Live Free/Ride Free thing doesnt come brand specific. I think in my mind if your a rider or a biker or whatever you deem yourself to be, Your probably a person of which we have a common ground. Wear what you want, Ride what you want Be who you are! And you'll never be a POSER.:cool:

If you wear Biker Shirts and leather but ride a moped, :eek: Than you just simply need your ass whipped!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
You would have a bunch reading all the junk that rides with us.We even have one that say's:Save Gas Ride a Moped.I guess all these guys figure like i do,who gives a crap what your jacket say's as long as you get on two wheels and ride.I still have the only Fury around here and they all love it.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
So, I got my license through a H-D dealer near my place and since then, they've been sending me a bunch of e-mails letting me know about discounts and deals they have. I don't mind it, so I don't "Stop" the e-mails.

I take a peak every once in a while at the gear they have for sale and I think they have pretty nice stuff. Especially their jackets-boots and gloves.
I wouldn't mind spending the little extra to get a good quality jacket or even boots, but since I don't ride a Harley, I don't get it.

What do you guys think? Does it matter that you don't ride a Harley to buy the gear? Or do you think it's "misplaced"?
Harley boots are quite good but they are made in China and they are at least twice the price of other boots. If you like the protective gear and it fits you well, who cares what anyone else thinks, as long as you're happy.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you wear Harley gear,you look like a you are ashamed that your riding a Honda.
WOW! This is a kick in the teeth! :p

I'd totally support Honda if they had Honda gear...but when I go to the dealer, they usually have "Street & Steel"...Is that a honda Brand?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
"Street & Steel"...Is that a honda Brand?
Their website says it's a trade mark from Cycle Gear Inc. Just a large trading company not connected to any bike manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts