Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,170 Posts
I'm romancing old threads today...

I have H-D boots that were a gift, 12 years later they look new.

I bought H-D gauntlet gloves at a dealership on a tremendous sale, 15+ years later they look like new.

I have a dozen or so H-D shirts, they also look new. Great styling.

I don't own a Harley. In a way I wish I did. I think they made some pretty awful bikes, and they made some great ones. I think their most important department should be Engineering, and their Styling department importance further down the line (instead of the other way around).

In a way I wish I worked there, but know I'd hate the corporate culture (talk about a place with a lack of 'freedom'). I really want them to do better as a company and re-direct their focus to motorcycling and motorcyclists, inatead of trying to rebrand everything external to match their internal corporate culture.

Wishing is all good and fine, but it's the 'doing' that counts in the end, which is why I don't own a Harley nor work there. It's why I wear what I want, ride what I want, live a clean life, love and respect others, and try to be a better person each day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, I got my license through a H-D dealer near my place and since then, they've been sending me a bunch of e-mails letting me know about discounts and deals they have. I don't mind it, so I don't "Stop" the e-mails.

I take a peak every once in a while at the gear they have for sale and I think they have pretty nice stuff. Especially their jackets-boots and gloves.
I wouldn't mind spending the little extra to get a good quality jacket or even boots, but since I don't ride a Harley, I don't get it.

What do you guys think? Does it matter that you don't ride a Harley to buy the gear? Or do you think it's "misplaced"?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a lot of Harley gear from my days of having a Harley. I do find, in my opinion, that the Harley brand as far as gear goes is probably the number one gear sales in the world. I have bought Harley shirts in foreign countries while being on cruises, I didn't find any other bike gear stores anywhere, and I like to have bike souvenir shirts from where I travel.
I catch a lot of flack from bikers about wearing Harley gear while riding my bikes, but I could care less what people think, I wear what I want to wear.
A quick funny story, I was going into a restaurant for breakfast when 2 Harley riders were coming out. I had rode my Fury and one of the biker dudes said I needed to step up and buy a Harley. I quickly said back to him, I have one. He said where was it and I said it was in the shop again, and this was the loaner they gave me. He looked at me and said f.....u, I said f....u back to him and said I'll ride any damn bike i want. He walked away shaking his head and saying I was crazy....I laughed for 10 minutes inside the restaurant.
Ride safe friends!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts