Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but has anyone fit Harley wheels on the Fury? I know Sumo and RC components sell rims to fit and match our mounts.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
There are a few Fury's with spoked wheels. DJConroy has them i think. You might search for details in his postings. Other than that, a decent machineshop can do a lot to convert hubs, bearings, axles etc.
Still not happy with the chrome 8" :confused: Or looking for another FOTM :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are a few Fury's with spoked wheels. DJConroy has them i think. You might search for details in his postings. Other than that, a decent machineshop can do a lot to convert hubs, bearings, axles etc.
Still not happy with the chrome 8" :confused: Or looking for another FOTM :D
Okay thanks, I'll hit him up.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
I recall that the wheel companies use an adapter for the rear wheel to fit the final drive. As for the front You colud use virtually any HD style wheel (I think a wide glide width is the closest) with a matching axle and rotor. You may need to play with spacers to get the rotor to line up with the brake caliper and you will definitely need to play around with axle spacers to centre the front wheel in the forks. Having had to centre the front wheel in my old school chopper I can tell you that you will need a lathe to machine the spacers to fit.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 8" is fine, but I want to stand apart with some custom wheels. I don't mind going to 8.5", but I'm still limited to what will fit a Honda Fury. I may have an eye on a set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recall that the wheel companies use an adapter for the rear wheel to fit the final drive. As for the front You colud use virtually any HD style wheel (I think a wide glide width is the closest) with a matching axle and rotor. You may need to play with spacers to get the rotor to line up with the brake caliper and you will definitely need to play around with axle spacers to centre the front wheel in the forks. Having had to centre the front wheel in my old school chopper I can tell you that you will need a lathe to machine the spacers to fit.
I can agree because I got a fury front wheel on my HarleyDavidson street glide changed the bearings and spacers good fit but the brake rotor is to big I have not figured that out yet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts