Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone pwdcoated their swingarm? I'm wondering how to pull the bearings, the seals and all that. My pwdcoater says they have to come out. Does it require a press? Perhaps painting is the way to go... Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
From what I understand it will need media blasted before powder coat. So yes, it will need to come out. I am not sure if they are literally pressed in so I can't answer that part

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I believe they are pressed in when I took mine off to send to sumo I just left them in but you can just have your local dealer take them out should only take a few minutes and they shouldn't charge you but a portion of their hourly rate . My local shop took the bearings out of both my wheels and it was a 15 minute job and that's what I was charged a 1/4 of their hourly rate. You are better off powdercoating than paint in my opinion .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Yes but you would powder coat the tires if you could. lol
Lol.... your probably right .... I think I might have gotten a little carried away with powder coating but there were a few things I couldn't coat so I had them painted . Lol....

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Lol.... your probably right .... I think I might have gotten a little carried away with powder coating but there were a few things I couldn't coat so I had them painted . Lol....
Pic's Billy, need some Pictures!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Pic's Billy, need some Pictures!!!:cool:
Well sent out swing arm week over a week ago only made partial payment on the sumo kit just put in for my vacation check which takes about a week to get and I will make final payment Kurt said its all together for me ready to ship . This was the only way I can do it without the bride flipping out ! Everything else is only about a week off to as far as my powder coating and paint . I plan on having her all back together around the 2nd week of march. Sorry don't mean to go off topic and high jack your thread . Definitely powder coat the swing arm you will not regret it you won't have to worry of scratches.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Is it possible/ necessary to remove the shock mount on the swingarm as well? There appears to be rubber in there.... My dealer thinks it'll be fine but the pwdcoater thinks it should be removed.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would remove it if possible, those powder coat ovens get get pretty hot.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks all. Is it possible/ necessary to remove the shock mount on the swingarm as well? There appears to be rubber in there.... My dealer thinks it'll be fine but the pwdcoater thinks it should be removed.
Remove everything that can melt in an oven . Plastic and rubber will not take the heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts