Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on other forums were people have painted there engine and polished the fins. A friend did his on his shadow 750 and it looks good but he dosent ride his often to test the heat. My old 1800 was painted black and I really like the look. Anyone here have any input/ideas on this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy has an 07 VTX 1300C with a black painted motor. It only has 4000 miles on it and it's peeling off like crazy and now looks like crap.
Awsome Bubble officially busted! Jk. Well that sucks I guess powdercoating is the only good way then. I was hoping high heat paint might work but I am no expert.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Like all painting, it's all in the prep work, there is a good write up on it on the VTXOA board in the how to section, most say it takes about 20 hours to prep, polish the edges, mask and paint.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like all painting, it's all in the prep work, there is a good write up on it on the VTXOA board in the how to section, most say it takes about 20 hours to prep, polish the edges, mask and paint.
20 hrs!:eek: Man it may be more than I'm willing to put in it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
See if you can open this, Well, I did it!! - VTXOA
Alot of the time is in the fin polishing.
Yea... I've read that article and I will probably end up doing it one of these weekends. Probably in a couple of months or so. If you go back a page, they have a whole list of idea's and stuff for the 1300... Where I got some of my idea's for my bike.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Painting the engine a Matte Black has been something I have talked with RSS about for several months now... just time and money right now. It will most likely be the last thing I do to the bike other than small changes and replacement parts here and there from wearing them out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts