Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for a long, long time I have been riding Suzuki Savage 650/S40's and have had an itch to buy a Fury. Over the years I have been doing mods on the Suzuki's almost always driven by the Fury as the inspiration, with a bit of higher handle bar stretch for good measure. I own 3 Suzuki's, 2 riders and a 3rd which is a chopper project looking to get traction this winter. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2010, blue Fury yesterday. Blue metallic was what made it happen.

Bike has the standard exhaust upgrade but beyond that it is basically stock. My plan to ride it as is until the spring and go from there. Today was a bunch of low speed, first and second gear around my shop on roads in industrial park to get a feel for it all. New Jersey DMV has an appointment for me to get title and tags for next week, so until then no open road rides.

Looking forward to life on to forum and getting to know you all. As for me I am located at the Jersey Shore near Sandy Hook, my shop is just outside Asbury Park in Ocean Twp, N.J. Though i go by a handle SoC (long story) my name is actually Bill.

Attachments

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Welcome to the forum. I'm from Daytona Beach. You can learn a lot here real good people here to.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
Hey Bill, welcome from Denver.

I first sat on one when they came out. When they started dropping the price I finally got mine. A 2013 that was still in the crate in 2015, for a song! You will love the bike, and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Gizmo

Premium Member
Welcome from Alabama

Premium Member
So, for a long, long time I have been riding Suzuki Savage 650/S40's and have had an itch to buy a Fury. Over the years I have been doing mods on the Suzuki's almost always driven by the Fury as the inspiration, with a bit of higher handle bar stretch for good measure. I own 3 Suzuki's, 2 riders and a 3rd which is a chopper project looking to get traction this winter. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2010, blue Fury yesterday. Blue metallic was what made it happen.

Bike has the standard exhaust upgrade but beyond that it is basically stock. My plan to ride it as is until the spring and go from there. Today was a bunch of low speed, first and second gear around my shop on roads in industrial park to get a feel for it all. New Jersey DMV has an appointment for me to get title and tags for next week, so until then no open road rides.

Looking forward to life on to forum and getting to know you all. As for me I am located at the Jersey Shore near Sandy Hook, my shop is just outside Asbury Park in Ocean Twp, N.J. Though i go by a handle SoC (long story) my name is actually Bill.
Congrats, great looking ride! Life is short, so grab moments of happiness wherever you find them. Be safe! 馃憢

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, the days until my appt. at DMV here in Jersey next week to get my title, tags and registration are getting longer with the great weekend weather we are having here. Would have been a perfect couple days to put some miles under it.

I am one who errs on the side of caution when riding, anything that helps improve the visibility of the bike and me is ok as long as not too much. Almost all bikes look better without reflectors, but at night they can make a big difference in profile view of the bike.

Looking forward to finally getting it on road next Tuesday. Until then I have my Savage.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Registered

I love that color as well. And congrats on ur new ride.

Registered
Congrats on the Fury! I recently bought a 2020 ( a gift from my wife for Father's Day) in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. I almost bought a Fury back in 2010 but ended up riding away on a 2008 Honda VTX1800T because the dealership gave me a sweetheart deal on it. Apparently it wasn't a popular model, only 2 miles on it and nearly 2 years old. I loved the power but it always seemed just a little top-heavy, perhaps why it wasn't very popular.
So far I'm absolutely loving the Fury. So far I've added a Memphis Shades Speed Demon sportshield and a Clutch Pull Relief from Glen's VTX Garage. The latter made a HUGE difference in the effort needed to maintain friction zone with the clutch in stop and go traffic. The former made a huge difference in highway riding and the amount of fatigue from fighting the wind in my chest for long rides.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again, thanks for all the welcome. I had a snafu with dealer paper work across state lines form NY to NJ, so title transfer and registration did not happen yet. Been riding it around the industrial park where my shop is, itching to get plates and out on the road. Hopefully will have dealer plates for Friday.

I am not so internet updated and savvy, so it will take some time for me to get more integrated and online on the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Everyone, So far I am loving my Fury. Ride it often, even if just around the lot in Industrial Park where my shop is. For me it's a complicated thing, keep and store bikes in my shop, not at home, when I am on a bike I have to leave my car and commit to it from shop to home and back until I return the next day and can get my car if needed. With that I still have my dedication to the Suzuki Savage/S40 and now doing about equal time on them (I have 2 riders) and the Fury. For an around town, Triple T, the S40 is still is my every day. For back and forth from shop to home it is the choice. But the moment I turn to the open road, they are left in shop and Fury is the ride. I am lucky enough to have multiple bikes which all have their merits, I think I always want to ride the Fury, and truth be told I do, but sometimes a smaller lighter ride works well also.

It's funny that when you ride Savages and you meet others on them, they often own a big V-twin (read Harley) but ride the Savage/S40 just for a relaxing change. In the end, it's about the time you get to ride, not what you ride. If I rode from out of my home, the Fury would likely be it, every time, all the time, but that is not my lot. If only I had a garage at home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts