1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder if it will have a Huffy frame.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Electric motivation has so many performance advantages over Internal Combustion engines, that even Harley can't ignore the technology for long. Motorcycle.com — an authoritative source for motorcycle industry insight and reviews — says we should expect a production LiveWire in 2016.
As a Harley owner I am qualified to comet ....Harley has ignored technology as this author has implied. I am an owner of the last motor Harley ever built to last, the Evolution. Harley has ignored the inherent problem design in the Twin Cam.
I am in Muncie Ind. and am home only on weekends. Stopped at the local Harley shop last night looking around. If I had not initiated a comment to the cashier; I would have left there talking to no one. I will stop my ranting and get off my soap box. I love my 1996 Heritage.. When I am not 2up my natural choice is the FURY (she never complains when I bring out the "Chopper" and off we go :)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
HUGE money making opportunity for aftermarket manufacturers.
If this bike becomes a big hit, the one thing HOGs will miss is their bike pissin' on the garage floor and parking spot.

So, design it now ... the hidden bucket that holds a quart of oil and leaks just a little at a time when the bike is parked. :p:p:p

OMG, I crack myself up!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hmm..... Electric bikes can be made to be very, very fast. Harley just might be ahead of the curve for once here. Laugh now, but wait and see...

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Hmm..... Electric bikes can be made to be very, very fast. Harley just might be ahead of the curve for once here. Laugh now, but wait and see...
It won't last for Harley. Honda - yes. Harley - no.
"Loud pipes save lives" ... big motto amongst HOGs.
"Electric hum makes you a bum" ... that's their future motto :p:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Dunno, I'm just a dinosaur. Hopefully I can hold off on electric a little longer then may need one of these. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
With a 92mph top speed and a range of 53 miles, they aren't going to be selling very many, that's for sure.
Its 54 miles to town and back.Same old thang,i gotta push it the last mile,LOL,LOL,LOL
ANOTHER opportunity - a solar helmet that builds up a charge.
When you park the bike, you connect your helmet to the pigtails on the battery that you usually use for your CTEK or BatteryMinder and the helmet dumps its solar-collected load into the battery to charge it up a bit.

I'm a Genie's Ass!! :p

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
HUGE money making opportunity for aftermarket manufacturers.
If this bike becomes a big hit, the one thing HOGs will miss is their bike pissin' on the garage floor and parking spot.

So, design it now ... the hidden bucket that holds a quart of oil and leaks just a little at a time when the bike is parked. :p:p:p

OMG, I crack myself up!

Hey gator fan... they won't need the hidden oil bucket they'll just allow for the Lithium batteries to leak... ;)

seriously though... I'm intrigued, but I hug trees... :rolleyes:

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
LAPD embraces the clean and silent electric motorcycle

BY Daniel Cooper @danielwcooper Jun 20th 2014 10:35AM
If we were ever asked to ride an electric motorcycle, our first instinct would be to make NYEEEEAWWWW noises to compensate for the vehicle's silent engine. That's precisely why we're not employed by the Los Angeles police department, which has just bought an electric motorcycle for stealth operations. The department has only ordered one of the vehicles so far, purely as a test of its potential, but given that it produces no emissions and can be charged for less than a dollar, shouldn't displease the force's bean-counters. Of course, the lack of a tailpipe also makes this ideal for activity within buildings, so expect police chases in the near future to be a lot more exciting than the average freeway dash.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Fans will actually be able to ride the thing this year at any of 30 stops for "The Experience Tour" at Harley-Davidson dealerships along Route 66, or next year at other locations in the US, Canada and Europe. The three stops announced so far include: New York June 24th- 25th, Boston 27th-29th and Philadelphia from July 17th - 19th.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts