Honda Fury Forums: banner

HD VROD Muscle or Honda Fury ?

29K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  MotoJohn 
#1 ·
Sold my R1 and want to get something more "rider friendly" with cool looks and enough power to have some fun.

Been looking at the VROD Muscle and the Honda Fury. I love them both and can't decide which way to go.

Anyone want to throw out their 2 cents worth and hep me out?

#2 ·
if you are looking at pure muscle and power, I can't believe that the Fury will satisfy you.

It all depends on how much money you have to spend on accessories like HD socks and HD underwear once you join the HD club or if you want to ride. The VROD is a very very nice bike, I have very seriously considered it but the HD owners club due were too much for me, I already have socks and underwear.

#3 ·
The fury looks clean and bad-ass, but remember its a cruiser and thats what it does best!...If you want something that has power, fun to ride and doesnt sacrafice to much comfort look at something like a ... Triumph Speed Triple or a Ducati monster 1100/hypermotard...KTM super duke...this one has been around a lil while but still fun its a APRILIA tuono. Hope this helps!!

#4 ·
Obviously I would go with the Fury...... Harley's are over-priced. They are nice, but you are paying a lot of money for them because they are produced in the US by overpaid union workers. Harley Davidson may soon fall into the same problem as GM and Ford and Chrysler. Beware.

#6 ·
I guess I have the same taste...v-rod muscle or night rod and the Fury. Right now I have a 07 Buell Lightning XB12Ss...luv it. But maybe it's time for more of a cruiser....the v-rods are a lil pricey for sure..we'll see what they want for a fury, that's if they are gonna be available in some numbers in Canada.

#7 ·
ouch... now this is a tough question!

I would love a Night Rod... BUT the way I want to get the Night Rod to look will take up way WAY too much of my Money... Like another 30-40 grand!

I think right out the Box the Fury is awesome. The rims are already badass and its not cluttered. It basically already looks the way I would want my bike to look if I was to build one (just needs a fatter tire) :)

The new Muscle is badass but not worth the money, In my mind...

Also check out 1130cc.com for how those guys feel about the F.... not too many fans...

#9 ·
Also check out 1130cc.com for how those guys feel about the F.... not too many fans...[/QUOTE]

I checked out 1130cc.com and I love how all of those guys have problems with their bikes or its their friends bikes that have problems...they're always talking about the "extended warrarty",haha!....And when they bash the fury its sounds like they're a lil jealous....I mean I wish I paid $23k for a bike that had a broken breather hose and leaked all over my garage floor after 40..yes 40miles..PPPSSHH!!

#10 ·
Gotta luv motorcyclists, snowmobilers, atvers...etc etc. The brand love affair is totally ridiculous sometimes...they really like what they like...and they like to convince you what they like is the only one to like.... now that's a mouthful .. lol.
The brand loyalty...especially Harley devotee's/cultists is freakin out of control to say the least. I like some Harley's but the whole Harley cult thing is just way to scary....lmao. I drive a Buell and they have to like me a bit....kinda 2nd cousin thing.
You would just think being a fellow motorcyclist is good enough...no chance, we gotta think of something to rip each other. What a load of crap.

#11 ·
Thanks for the input. I realize they are 2 totally different bikes, but the both caught my eye. I'm almost decided on the Fury- just waiting to see it in "real life". I'm 1st in line at my local stealership. Next hard part is the color. Probably just gonna roll with whatever comes in 1st!

#13 ·
my number one issue is affordability

I'm not looking for a bunch of bike riding friends and I avoid traveling in a pack. I'm interested in the Fury because with four kids, one headed for college, I won't have to rob my 401K to buy one or keep it on the road. I just want a great looking, reliable bike that I can jump on when the whim hits. Years of owning Honda cars, trucks and bikes doesn't hurt. In no way am I dissin' the HD mystique, I just can't afford to play with them folks...

#15 ·
Dollar for dollar, metric cruisers are where it's at, and because the Fury is a Honda you know it will be quite dependable. I'm curious though coming off an R1 why is the Star Raider or Warrior not under consideration? Star puts together a pretty good package with their aluminum frames and big V-twins too.

#16 ·
I like the Fury and the Night rod but checking with a dealer here in Canuck land the Fury will only be available in limited Honda dealerships and at one apiece. That'll make it next to impossible to get one this year. A used 07 v-rod night special all black looks awesome...we'll see.

#19 ·
he said the ride position, maint cost, and overall quality of it. he has had it in the shop getting a few things replaced/fixed on it becasue of "normal problems" that harley has. He rode it 200 miles and it broke down on him and he had to have it towed back because the throttle cable broke or came loose. ruined his whole trip he had planned.

#20 ·
A throttle cable issue at 200 miles sounds more like whoever assembled the bike out of the crate and a lot less to do with the particular brand. You can get good or bad shops with any brand of motorcycle, if your not mechanically inclined to do all your own repairs, it needs to be become part of chosing your ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.