Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like that L&M is/was looking at an option for extending out the head lamp, but like many commented it exposes the mess of wiring in the back and ruining the chopper minimalist look i want to go for.

this might be a dumb question but being new i'll ask it anyways. is there a possibility of using an aftermarket lamp that has less wiring in the back, therefore less to be exposed? instead of a larger boot, i wonder what it'd take to relocate some of the harnesses and just have a lamp with less wiring. probably making it sound simpler than it really is but if its just routing i would think its possible.

some quick pics i googled with the cleaner look i'd like to achieve w/ a 8deg tree rake and lamp extended out:

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
A replacement headlight sounds like a good idea however you still have to consider where you are going to hide all the the wiring presently housed in the back port of the stock headlight.. Not saying it can't be done but it will be a little bit more involved than just swapping out the headlight .

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Again, Dave is right. just look inside the stock light housing and see all the wiring you would have to relocate. and most of that won't reach to hide under the tank.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
we open the headlight where the wire goes through and insert a rubber wire grommit if there is room for the wires in the new headlite.some have the room and some dont

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Some states have a legal limit on headlight height (the main light).
But you gotta love the look, very cool.:cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
..you still have to consider where you are going to hide all the the wiring presently housed in the back port of the stock headlight..
exactly.. that would be the trick of it. i got a better look at mine this morning when leaving the house. looks like the lamp, the speedo, the signals, and the hand controls all run into that housing. i was curious if anyone had tried tackling rerouting this harness to elsewhere on the bike as a mod but doesn't sound like it. after this morning i can see why... it would be a little bit of a nightmare. and like steve says they wont reach far enough to hide under the tank as is. my initial thoughts were maybe running a longer harness to hide down behind the side covers. that could be alot of work just to move the headlight out some. but what a helluva clean look though it'd be afterwards!

Put lights down at the bottom of the forks and get rid of the factory light altogether:
i've seen some that have the lamp under the trees... i like those, especially on springers! but i'm not too sure i'm a fan of the lower ones down at the lower forks shown there. they remind me of curb feelers... just for a bike. but hey, to each their own... :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll tell u I have my head light apart and off the bike and I am dreading putting it back together !
i was just reading about your trees dude... thats jacked up! bet your past ready to finally get that front end back together.

with the weather getting warmer and not wanting to screw up my rides on the weekends with a bike torn down, maybe i'll just wait and think about this more and revisit next winter freezeup. doesn't sound like theres any simple solution to my idea.

i have enough projects on my to-do list already anyways. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i was just reading about your trees dude... thats jacked up! bet your past ready to finally get that front end back together.

with the weather getting warmer and not wanting to screw up my rides on the weekends with a bike torn down, maybe i'll just wait and think about this more and revisit next winter freezeup. doesn't sound like theres any simple solution to my idea.

i have enough projects on my to-do list already anyways. :rolleyes:
Yeah this weather is getting me very anxious but then I go into my garage and realise its going to be at least another 3 weeks before I have my bike back together. but when she is all back together its done nothing else I can do to it . finished !!!!! Thank god .... just put my DLX controls on the other night and I am very pleased with the look .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts