Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new item that will change the look of your Honda Fury without breaking the pocket book. This Head Light Extension is designed to push the head light up and out, making the Honda Fury look taller, with more of a taller and longer look the Honda Fury will resemble more old school choppers from the 70-80's. This item is not yet on our website, you guys are the first to see all these new items, if your interested. This item will sell for $40 It's made from Billet aluminum, polished to perfection and comes with hardware. Please email us if your interested. [email protected]
LM

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Very nice look Chris. Such a small item to give such a different look. I don't think I can pass this up. I'll take one. Let me know when they are ready to go.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I like it but can't use it because I have the 3 inch handlebar risers and have pulled all the wire I can out of the headlight now and if anymore needs to come out I don't have any.:D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it but can't use it because I have the 3 inch handlebar risers and have pulled all the wire I can out of the headlight now and if anymore needs to come out I don't have any.:D
That's a great comment, because I did have to reposition the wiring for the headlight to move forward. I will make sure to note this when creating the product page.

LM

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
If I remember correctly there is a wire hold down clamp located inside the back portion of the headlight can that holds the wiring tight into place and if you loosen it or even remove it then you should have enough play needed to extend the wiring forward a few inches. I' ve got everything but the kitchen sink mounted in the headlight can on mine.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Not my cup of tea either, but that’s what gives our bikes their own individuality.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Wow not a Fan of that..:eek:...who want's to see more wire loom exposed..
I was thinking the opposite and now that moved forward and its exposed you can get behind it better to make up one larger boot to cover all the wire looms and really clean it up that area. At least thats what I've got in mind and gonna try.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
L&M, have you thought about a fat (beefier) set of forks to go with triple trees that would eliminate the 3” extensions? Top it off with some custom handlebars?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Maybe a braided stainless type boot ??
Ya, I've never liked that headlight area on the front and the way they use the headlight can for a holding port for all the electrical connections. You can see all the different wire looms sticky out there and it looks like crap. I'm thinking with this headlight now move forward you can now access behind it to install one boot covering everything and it would look a hell of a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I like the way that looks. I always thought the bars and head light needed to be moved out ward. They have always been to crammed. Just not sure about the bracket under the light. It has that "I made this in my garage" look. I think that area should be clean and smooth looking. Maybe a cover?
I am liking the position of it though. Good thinkin.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I like the way that looks. I always thought the bars and head light needed to be moved out ward. They have always been to crammed. Just not sure about the bracket under the light. It has that "I made this in my garage" look. I think that area should be clean and smooth looking. Maybe a cover?
I am liking the position of it though. Good thinkin.
Changing my mind.
After looking at it some more I realized that there is a reflection of the two bolts under the bracket in the tree behind it making it appear that there 4 bolts. But there is only two. And the top of the bracket looks real clean. Nice job.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It looks to me like you took a well hidden bracket that nobody really wants to see and stuck it out like a sore thumb. I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of this one. How's that air shock comin? I haven't read any excuses lately....:confused: A search for "air shock" on your website only turned up results for Suzuki and Kawasaki! What the hell have you guys been doing??? Don't become the next Fuggin Fab. Empty promises is how it starts....:eek:

Yes, I'm calling you out. I keep seeing little time wasters being developed but you've forgotten about the coolest freakin thing you ever showed us. GET IT DONE!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm thinking that along with that bracket that moves the headlight out should come a boot of some type that covers all the wire looms that you can see behind the headlight, personally I'm not a fan of the look, but that's just me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think it looks good with the headlight out like that, but it definitely needs something to cover up all those exposed wires.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
This is one mod I'll definitely be getting, I really like that extended look. I do agree that there needs to be a way to hide all the wires though.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks to me like you took a well hidden bracket that nobody really wants to see and stuck it out like a sore thumb. I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of this one. How's that air shock comin? I haven't read any excuses lately....:confused: A search for "air shock" on your website only turned up results for Suzuki and Kawasaki! What the hell have you guys been doing??? Don't become the next Fuggin Fab. Empty promises is how it starts....:eek:

Yes, I'm calling you out. I keep seeing little time wasters being developed but you've forgotten about the coolest freakin thing you ever showed us. GET IT DONE!
Yep, your right, we have not released it because it was not what you would want. We had to pull the breaks on that project for the moment to continue with other new products for the Fury. Doesn't mean this product will stay on the shelf forever, but in till we can offer a cost effective, very functional product we will not even waste your time. Suspension is a tricky game to just throw anything out there would be disastrous if something went wrong. We developed a Lowered Spring for the Fury that has worked very well, but the air ride became more than we expected.

Thanks for calling us out, we needed to clarify the situation anyway. Your welcome to open a new thread and we can discuss further, or call us and I can lay it out for you.
928-255-0230
LM

1 - 20 of 31 Posts