Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am seriously considering a fury purchase.

but i would like to replace the headlamp assembly, the round unit just ain't got the punch i am looking for.

So my question is this....

Is there a street legal rule for headlamp assemblies?

I would like to find/manufacture a single wide headlamp with turn signals integrated in it.

any information would be appreciated.

take care
tony

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would say most aftermarket light type accessories are technically illegal. If you look on your light it has some sort of DOT marking which aftermarket stuff doesn't have. Will a cop give you a ticket? Depends what you are up to and if your light is blinding the crap out of people. I would generally say, at least in my area, city cops won't really bother you, the state guys are another breed depending on what kind of stuff is going on locally with bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I was hinking about retrofitting a HID projector lense in mine and running a 8000K bulb... I have all the parts from an Infiniti FX45. We'll see what happens with it.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I was thinking something like this, with an integrated LED turn signal:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was thinking something like this, with an integrated LED turn signal:

90 Years ago you could purchase cool aftermarket headlights for your Duesenberg, Cord, or Jordan from E & J headlight company. Now real E & J headlights bring $700.00 + on e-bay. The one on the bike in the photo is an Arlen Ness Eyeball head light. It is a $299.95 motorcycle headlight styled after the old E & J unit Arlen Ness #08-350 & has been discontinued & is no longer in stock. However, you may still find one at a dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Thanks for the info Troy! I was going to ask you about the headlight but I forgot about it.

I did a quick search on google and found a retailer here: jcmotors.com

Now I just have to sweet talk the wife ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am seriously considering a fury purchase.

but i would like to replace the headlamp assembly, the round unit just ain't got the punch i am looking for.

So my question is this....

Is there a street legal rule for headlamp assemblies?

I would like to find/manufacture a single wide headlamp with turn signals integrated in it.

any information would be appreciated.

take care
tony

Tony...
If you replace the headlight you will have to do 1 of 2 things...
you will have to have a headlight with enough room in the rear of it for all the wire connectors that's inside the stock light. That means boring a large hole in the bottom rear of the new light for one very large connector that's in the stock light and there's 4 or 5 smaller connectors.

OR...find some place else to move the connectors to. I've not had the tank off of the Fury but it doesn't look like there would be enough room under it.

Just something to think about.

billh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts