Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to ask a question that I'm sure has been answered but I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for...

I'm looking to replace the stock headlamp (bulb only) with something a bit brighter to somewhat even out the brightness between my chin scoop and headlamp. Any recommendations? Is LED what I'm looking for and is it something I can just swap out? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10 seconds after I posted I found this post by suvettez400...

"I put the silverstar h4 in 2 days ago and its extremely bright. Way brighter than stock."

I think this is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Actually the "k" number is the temperature of the light wave from the bulb. The higher the number the more into to blue color range you get. If I remember correctly about 5500-6000k gives you the most amount of usable light. I had a 6000k on my Hayabusa and it was damn bright, I never used my high beam.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You are correct. My statement of it being twice as bright is incorrect. I have seen the difference and know that this setup will be brighter than what I have.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wx i love the silver star. Super easy install. I wanted a bright white. Dont want a hint of blue whatsoever. I picked one of these up and man is it nice. Super bright. I wasnt aiming at blinding people. Just wanted a larger viewing area for potholes. Hid is nice but sonetimes not worth the headache. Here in Jersey its a good reason to get pulled over.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
"Actually the "k" number is the temperature of the light wave from the bulb":

Or, more precisely, the COLOR-TEMPERATURE of the light, the K referring to the Kelvin (Lord Kelvin) temperature scale, which was chosen, somewhat arbitrarily, to represent the different color qualities of the visible-light spectrum.

"If I remember correctly about 5500-6000k gives you the most amount of usable light".

5500K is the generally-accepted designation for "pure white" light, which is a combination of all the colors of the spectrum, and lies about mid-way between the extremes of infra-red and ultra-violet. The actual "brightness" of the light, typically measured in Lumen's, is, in the case of electrically-fired incandescent bulbs, and to the first order, pretty much proportional to the wattage of the bulb; the higher the wattage number, the brighter the light.
Just my two bits.............

Cheers

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ok drop some knowledge on me... What's the difference between a normal H4 and one labeled motorcycle?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ok drop some knowledge on me... What's the difference between a normal H4 and one labeled motorcycle?
Not really sure. Mine didnt say motorcycle. Picked it up at an advance auto parts in the car headlight section. Has both high and low beam so im not sure.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I worked in a parts store for about 4 years and never new there was a difference, that is why I am wondering. Never stop learning...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not trying to hijack, well I guess I am, but

what's the difference between DOT 3 and DOT 4 brake fluid? Why does the bike require DOT 4? I have a big bottle of #3, now I have to go find the #4 which I don't recall ever seeing....maybe just wasn't looking.

Insight???

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
STOP!!--you were smart enough to ask the question, now google and read up on the differences.

never mix and never go against the OEM recommended brake fluid.
USING THE WRONG DOT mix will cause corrosion and breakdown of your brake system.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
STOP!!--you were smart enough to ask the question, now google and read up on the differences.

never mix and never go against the OEM recommended brake fluid.
USING THE WRONG DOT mix will cause corrosion and breakdown of your brake system.
everything skap said plus overheating on the system.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good info...thanks Skap and 460

I'd actually never paid attention that there was something other than DOT3.

As I said, Good to know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts