Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just thinking about new and different stuff to do to the Fury and changing the headlight assembly came to mind. This wouldn't be hard to do but the big question is what to do with all the wires inside the stock headlamp? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well I understand and feel your pain on the headlights assembly would be nice to have some options . Until there is I have taken mine apart and painted it matte black and left the Chrome lip around it .

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
If the replacement housing is big enough then drill a 5/8 inch hole in the bottom rear add a small rubber grommet od run the wires into the new one.

Its that or splice and lengthen them and hide them under the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If the replacement housing is big enough then drill a 5/8 inch hole in the bottom rear add a small rubber grommet od run the wires into the new one.

Its that or splice and lengthen them and hide them under the gas tank.
This would mean taking wires out of the connectors running them through the drilled hole and splicing or putting back in the plastic connectors what a big pain in the ass that would be .

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I will have to check but I thought you could get the connector out through a 5/8 inch hole. if not then make it a 7/8 inch hole.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I will have to check but I thought you could get the connector out through a 5/8 inch hole. if not then make it a 7/8 inch hole.
Hell no unless u do as I said ... I have mine all apart and the connectorss are big more like a 2" hole ! Lol.... have you looked at the back of your headlight ? That big hole back there is for a reason ....

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I stand corrected.:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking maybe build a triangle box for the space in front of the tank and put the wires in there? I wonder if they would be long enough to reach.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well my front end is almost all assembled and this weekend I plan on tackling the task of putting the headlight back together . Paint looks awesome I will tape it off before I try to reinstall it . I am not looking forward to this it looks like it will be a pain in The ass .

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was thinking maybe build a triangle box for the space in front of the tank and put the wires in there? I wonder if they would be long enough to reach.
i was thinking something similar... Head light mod

i'm currently tackling my exhaust but plan on looking into the headlight options closer to summer when i do my 8deg. trees. i think the biggest is splicing/rerouting the harnesses to hide them under the tank... if possible.

if you have any success before then keep us posted, i'd like to see what you found out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts