Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am heaps keen on Honda fury's, and am in the process of acquiring a blue 2010 Honda Fury :). It has cobra swept exhaust, and is pretty much stock standard :), it also has ABS....I am fairly new to the whole ABS thing, what is the advantages and disadvantages? Thanx all for viewing me :)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Where about Australia ? There few from Australia on this forum ! I am from around Wollongong

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, I am heaps keen on Honda fury's, and am in the process of acquiring a blue 2010 Honda Fury :). It has cobra swept exhaust, and is pretty much stock standard :), it also has ABS....I am fairly new to the whole ABS thing, what is the advantages and disadvantages? Thanx all for viewing me :)
Not too much point worrying about advantages/disadvantages. I'm pretty sure we only get the ABS version here in Aus.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Welcome from Canada , I have the 2011 abs model , but it's my first bike.
My practiced e-stops have went well,
Stomp on the brakes and she sit's down quickly with no issues.
No burn outs possible though.
I think the Rear/front brake is 70%-30%
Front is 100%

Regards
Dave

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of other from Down Under here on the Fury forum. You will love the Fury. Enjoy and ride safe....

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Welcome to the forum! and I see you picked the best color!! lol

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mate Ive got a 2010 abs model not much you need to know just stops the brake from locking up good to ride with. You will not even know its there when you brake in normal riding

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Welcome Mate....

Ok, you Aussies. Time for you guys to get together and post some pictures of that great landscape down-under. Love to see a group of Fury's and a bunch of roo's racing along-side. lol. I seen TV on the variety of terrain you have there. How about some of those Beach babe's, etc, etc.
We would all like to visit and ride with our Brother's down under, Ride safe!!!!​
:eek::D

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Ok, you Aussies. Time for you guys to get together and post some pictures of that great landscape down-under. Love to see a group of Fury's and a bunch of roo's racing along-side. lol. I seen TV on the variety of terrain you have there. How about some of those Beach babe's, etc, etc.
We would all like to visit and ride with our Brother's down under, Ride safe!!!!​
:eek::D
Last thing you would ever want to do is ride anywhere near kangaroos. Those bastards can change direction at full flight & do. Fury versus kangaroo....kangaroo wins. If you are lucky, the fury goes home on a truck.

Regarding the beach babes, well macxpert lives near the beach, maybe if you ask him nicely :D

The landscape is varied & great to ride through. once you get out of suburbia, the rides are fantastic. My favorite rides are anywhere inland & with curves. Although some of the scenery pics from the u.s & Canada, makes me want to head your way for a run, although you can keep your snow.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
ABS & Linked Brakes

... it also has ABS....I am fairly new to the whole ABS thing, what is the advantages and disadvantages?
It's possible to ride an ABS/Linked Brake Fury without ever knowing the feature is there although it has stronger brakes than a Fury without ABS because both front and rear brake pads are larger. But, if you ever find yourself riding on gravel, sand or loose surfaces it can save your bacon. ABS prevents wheel lock-up and the resultant loss of traction, very useful for panic braking in the wet especially if you grab too much front brake.

The linked brakes are amazing and something I use all the time. I'm an easy rider so using only the foot pedal is normal for me. It applies the smaller center piston (1 of 3) in the front caliper for about 25% of the hand lever force and both pistons on the rear caliper giving a balance braking effort for normal stops. Non aggressive riding does not produce a lot of weight transfer to the front wheel and the rear tire has a very large contact patch contrasted to the front so it makes sense to take advantage of that when applying braking force. Another plus is that the linked brakes using only the foot pedal are amazing on gravel ;).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts