Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i wanted to change my original post and title, but i could not. Instead ......

I picked her up today! She is now right where she belongs.

Here is my perspective for a first time rider. The dealership ( not stealership cause they are on the up & up ) is some 30 miles from my house here on LI, they are in Queens about 1/2 miles from NYC. The forecast for today .. rain in the morning, high winds after some clearing in the early afternoon. We got there just a the rain was letting up. I figured i could get the bike next Sat, but my GF thougt otherwise. Turns out, she was right!

After buying the bike, a disc lock and a propperly fitting cover ( the ones on Ebay selling under the Fury listings .. yeah they wont fit. Its a generic cover that isnt long enough ) and the billet oil dip stick i thought i was done. On the way out the owner wanted to know if i wanted to see a set of the stockers in chrome? Sure .. but i was set on getting some nice alloy 5 spokes, boy did that change when i saw the wheels. All the manufactoring nubs were ground off as is all the print for wheel size and such. Nothing but pure smoothness. Then he tells me i can have them next weekend when my new headlight cover ( the one one the bike is scratched ) mounted and ballanced with install for $1,100 plus tax! Guess, what, i left another deposit for the wheels. My credit card is on fire right now with the use from this dealer.

The ride home was a slow one, as i wasnt comfortable going over 45 - 50 MPH. I took a major highway back that has a lot of lights, so i got to practice my down shifts, my starts, and my friction zone riding. I have to say, friction zone riding is really cool when your almost at a stand still ... and then roll onto the throttle and off the clutch with out setting foot on the ground. As i got closer to home i got a better feel for the bike. Turning i still need practice on, as i tend to take the turns really wide. Im afraid of the new tires giving out on me or scraping the pegs. After some time in the local hood i am doing better. All things considered, i say i did pretty well with only 27 miles logged and riding home in winds of 35 MPH or more. LOL

Off to buy more parts ......

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lookin' good bro - how far out on the island are you? I'm about 10 minutes north of the Throggs Neck bridge in Westchester.

Larry
Exit 37 ( Willis Ave ) off the LIE. From the sounds of it, your about 1/2 hour away. Do you plan on attending Dee Schniders Ride on May 23rd?

Good to see a fellow rider so close. If you need sales or service i would recommend NY Honda in LIC. They were giving me parts below what i find on Ebay.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Exit 37 ( Willis Ave ) off the LIE. From the sounds of it, your about 1/2 hour away. Do you plan on attending Dee Schniders Ride on May 23rd?

Good to see a fellow rider so close. If you need sales or service i would recommend NY Honda in LIC. They were giving me parts below what i find on Ebay.
hey cbsimonsez , i bought my red fury from the same place in november , yeah they definetly give good deals , i rode my bike home that day it was freezing but im in bensonhurst bklyn was only a 20 min ride not to bad , if u have more info on dee schniders ride please share im interested , thanks , good luck maybe see u out on the road oneday,

eddie

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you have some work to do. Congrats!

I have a big dog too.
I have lots of work to do, but its been cold and very windy here the last 2 days. I would like the temp to be in the 70s at least so the glue on the stickers and reflectors will come off easier. Parts are being ordered as i type. Wheels and new headlight housing will be added on this coming weekend.

And thats not my BIG dog .. thats the puppy.:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
May 23rd - Ride for Babies along with Dee Schnider of Twisted Sister. Registration is at 9 a.m. And ride begins at 11 a.m. Out of Point Lookout Town Park. We should try and all meet up there ....
Larry
Im down. Me and a fellow rider from work were talking about going. I believe you can register on line via the website for Q104? When i get a minute im going to look into it and get in touch with you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.