Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Chris, and im reporting from Long Island NY. I swore that i would never ride up here, as most 4 wheelers dont know how to drive to begin with. Guess i was wrong. And from looking at that last statement, i am a truck driver by trade; hence 4 wheeler, and i deliver liquor in Queens.

So i have been lurking here for weeks now, and today i started my riding refresher course. See, i grew up in GA where kids were riding motorcycles with out helmets unless you were in the woods. That was 22 years ago. But after an hour on a little 125 it all came back. I still have a couple classes to take, but the instructors were all impressed with my rapid progress.

So now that i pulled that trigger, i stopped in on the way home and put a deposit on a Blue Fury. The same dealer had told me a couple weeks ago that they sell for 13K, but that he wanted me to quote a price and we will work from threre. Not putting the carriage in front of the horse, i told Ed that we would cross that bridge when we got to it. Then with the help of this site and Ebay surfing i find MY bike on Ebay under a classified add for $11,500! There is one in NJ that is listed for $11K, so maybe thats where ill start. I also bought my first full helmet and jacket, so theres no turning back now.

This is the first time in my life i actually doing something for me, and wont be bent over a barrel to get it done. I already want to go with the Cobra package of sweeps with no baffles, the Cobra intake and the Fi2000 to help balance things out. I have other things in mind, but i dont want to give it all away on the first date. Im not that kinda guy.

There are lots of good guys and gals here, and lots of great looking rides.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would have like to have the same color orange as my car, but Honda isnt offering it. Maybe a repaint in a couple years, who knows.

Pics of my other ride will be posted soon.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
i would have like to have the same color orange as my car, but Honda isnt offering it. Maybe a repaint in a couple years, who knows.

Pics of my other ride will be posted soon.
you don't have it yet and your a color traiter..:eek:.....arrrggg

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Welcome and as we blues brothers like to say you picked the fastest color....:D
all these blues and i have yet to see one on the road. i have seen more Black on the road than any other color................wait that was once, it was my bike and my dad was riding it. CBSIMON I say look a little more carefully at the Fuel Management systems. I swear by the Power Commander because its a little more control over the system, even though you have to plug it into a computer to tune. also depending on the noise you want the Cobra swepts i would also consider the sampson Warlord Street sweepers (they are a bit louder from feedback i have read).

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all these blues and i have yet to see one on the road. i have seen more Black on the road than any other color................wait that was once, it was my bike and my dad was riding it. CBSIMON I say look a little more carefully at the Fuel Management systems. I swear by the Power Commander because its a little more control over the system, even though you have to plug it into a computer to tune. also depending on the noise you want the Cobra swepts i would also consider the sampson Warlord Street sweepers (they are a bit louder from feedback i have read).
what sold me is the YouTube video of a Blue Fury with the swepts with no baffles .. and my GF swore from across the room it was a HD. I also like the intake that Cobra has posted. I was intally thinking of going with a cone, but im really sold on the Cobra, i just fell i love with the styling. I figure, if im going to use the Cobra intake and pipes, mide-as-well use their Fuel management system which im sure they used for their own R&D. Nothing is set in stone, but this is the set up im currently looking at.

On the same note. My local stealership didnt know anything about the Cobra intake nor the Fuel Management. He told me that all i have to do is bring in a print out of the best price i can get and hell match it. The only turn off is that he wants to finance it. Me, i only want to finance the bike, and pay for all the goodies with cash to keep my payments low. No sense in buying pipes and then rolling them into the price of the bike over 5 years .. where the pipes start out at $650 and end up costing over $850.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you don't have it yet and your a color traiter..:eek:.....arrrggg
Welll ..... LOL .. blue is my first choice, cause that is whats being offered. One thing though, is with all the pot holes there is lots of gravel here in NYC. I go through a new windshield on my car every 2 years cause of sand blasting. I had to have my car repainted because of the sand blasting on the front end from road debris. Im just sayin ...

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts

Your makeing a good choice. The Blue is okay by me. Put as much cash down as you can and keep that payment low. Add your mod's as money becomes available. Start'n to sound like your dad, huh?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
what sold me is the YouTube video of a Blue Fury with the swepts with no baffles .. and my GF swore from across the room it was a HD. I also like the intake that Cobra has posted. I was intally thinking of going with a cone, but im really sold on the Cobra, i just fell i love with the styling. I figure, if im going to use the Cobra intake and pipes, mide-as-well use their Fuel management system which im sure they used for their own R&D. Nothing is set in stone, but this is the set up im currently looking at.

On the same note. My local stealership didnt know anything about the Cobra intake nor the Fuel Management. He told me that all i have to do is bring in a print out of the best price i can get and hell match it. The only turn off is that he wants to finance it. Me, i only want to finance the bike, and pay for all the goodies with cash to keep my payments low. No sense in buying pipes and then rolling them into the price of the bike over 5 years .. where the pipes start out at $650 and end up costing over $850.
cobra intake is 199 through PhatPerformance, the pipes are around 560 through a couple sites and ebay. RedSpawnSilver and a few others can probably tell you the Comparisson between cobra and Sampson. The FMU though cobra and all the others are just 3 knobs which you can adjust kinda on the fly but the Power commender like i said you can adjust every so many RPM's and % throttle for leaning or enrichening the mix but have to plug into a computer to adjust.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congrats Chris and welcome to the Fury information highway!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I recommend the PC, good article @ Tiger Racing on PC! Pipes on E-BAY around 540, also check parts for sale section here. And Welcome!:)

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[Your makeing a good choice. The Blue is okay by me. Put as much cash down as you can and keep that payment low. Add your mod's as money becomes available. Start'n to sound like your dad, huh?
i have enough cash on hand to buy the bike outright. The reason im looking to make payments is that i havent had to make regualer scheduled payments on anything for at least 4 years now. i have no credit debit, and im probably going to be looking to buy a house in a couple years. I would like to raise my mid 700s credit score higher by showing that i indeed can make reuglarly scheduled payments. By putting 3k down i can have a ballpark payment of $200 a month. That i can live with. And it allows me to have some cash free'd up now for go fast goodies. OK ... maybe not go fast, but make the Fury uniquely mine.

TY everyone for the welcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts