Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pickup my new (new to me) 2010 Fury tomorrow. I'm totally stoked.
Last October I bought a 2007 Shadow Spirit. The day I picked it up there was a used Fury in the dealers showroom. As soon as I saw it I told the sales rep "I've just found my next bike."

Yesterday, I'm at the dealership picking up some gear and I joked with the Sales Rep "Hey, sell me that Used Fury.". Next thing I know I'm rolling on a test ride. What a mean trick to play on a guy. No way I could go home without making an offer after experiencing one of the sweetest rides. Smooth, power to spare, stable, and amazingly maneuverable at low speed given the the long wheelbase. Needless to say the offer was accepted and now it is countdown to ride away.

A quick note on the Shadow Spirit: what a great bike it has been. I've logged about 1,000 km per month on it in all kinds of traffic and weather. Fuel economy has been exceptional averaging about 60 mpg (imperial gallon) which is just shy of 50 mpg (US gallon). Straight highway driving has averaged 66/55 mpg Imperial/US.

I'll post again after I've ridden the Fury for a bit. Gotta do some parking lot practice to get used to the slow speed characteristics, then a shot up the Sea to Sky Highway to Whistler, BC to test performance in the twisties.

Thanks fr this forum; I've picked up lots of useful info already.

WT88

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Congrats and welcome :)

Sent from my ThunderBolt

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Congrats.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That was a mean trick and to top it off he accepted your offer. Who does he think he is! Welcome to the forum. :D

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bike is Bordeaux Red Metallic, completely stock, with just 4,000+ miles on her. I already had Flame ISO grips, zombie levers, and skeleton hand mirrors on order for the Shadow Spirit.. Fortunately they will fit the Fury.

I'm going down to the garage now to pull the Scorpio Alarm from the Shadow, then it's off to the dealer to begin Piggy's big adventure...

WT88
Aka Piggy

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spent several hours at the dealership this afternoon signing here, initialing there, getting insurance, and transferring the old bike. These little bursts of activity were punctuation marks in long stretches of waiting. Finally got the keys and a handshake and in that moment I became a Fury owner.

I converted the Cortech 14 liter tank bag into a backpack because the Fury tank shape would not allow it to mount securely. Gear firmly straped to my back, my new riding experience launched into rush hour stop and go traffic through the center of the city. Nasty stuff. The Fury handled beautifully though and was right there to blast through those little gaps that open momentarily in the stuttering flow of cages. The traffic became more manageable as the city's core faded in my rear view allowing the Fury to take longer pulsing strides between red lights. A few more turns and the highway on ramp introduced the Fury into the fast paced final few miles before home.

Fifteen minutes after arriving home I was out the door again to make a serious coffee run. This bike is totally stock at the moment but the reactions to the Fury at the coffee shop were great fun. "What's that your riding?" "I had no idea Honda made something like THAT; thought it was a Harely". "I've seen pictures, but never seen one up close." This combined with the in-traffic reactions of cagers and oncoming riders, confirmed what I already knew: the Fury is not just a sweet ride it is also a great piece of eye candy.

Day one is done, the adventure has just begun.

WT88
aka Piggy

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wecome to the forum. Whats the sea to sky like now? I havn't been up there since before the games, herd they really changed it?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Fury. Glad you got the RED. Definitely the fastest!!! You live in a beautiful part of the World. My daughter lives in your sister city, Vancouver, Washington. Enjoy that new ride.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
welcome and good to know there will be another fury out here as i have had mine since 2009 and the sea to sky hyway is a great run and the bike handles well as i live in squamish and ride the road all the time you will enjoy the bike

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Sea to Sky gt a complete makeover in the run up to the 2010 Winter Olympics. Lots of 4 lane divided stretches. On the two lane portions there are plenty of passing lanes. Most of the dangerous sections were reworked to the settle them down. Overall it is still a great motorcycle road with awesome scenery thrown in for void measure.

The run from Squamish to Whistler is more notable for the scenery than the twistes. If you get a chance you should definitely come up here and take a run to Whistler or better yet do the Duthie Lake Road. Go to Whistler and then keep going and loop back to Vancouver through the mountains.

WT88

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Good to meet you too. I haven't seen any other Furys on the road here and know of only two or three for sale. My bike was imported from the USA and does not have ABS. Im going to get a custom speedometer face scaled in both kmh and mph.

Did the North Vancouver Squamish run on Friday afternoon. Great fun. I'm going to get a ticket on that road; I can feel it in my bones.

I'll keep an eye out for your ride.

WT88

1 - 17 of 17 Posts