Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking at a fury for about 10 years I guess since they 1st came out and and I was off and on about it because because I used to have Harley's and a big dog.

Then I came across this one and I just could not help myself.. It's a 2010 garage kept 1 owner with 6000 miles on it. So even at 70 years old I just caved because to me it is the sweetest looking Honda I had ever seen
I hope that after riding since 1964 someday I can contribute a little and Im sure I can learn a lot about my Fury from all the knowledgeable members here

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh by the way I had to ride it 700 miles to get it home and I have never been so impressed with a bike like I am with this one.
I just absolutely love everything about it how it rides, how it handles, how it stops, and most of all how it looks.
for an 11 year old motorcycle it doesn't have a scratch on it, it looks like it's still in the showroom

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome from Gainesville, FL...I must agree...the Fury is the sweetest chopper-style bike I've seen. When I first saw a pic of a blue one online, it grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I'd been wanting a chopper ever since seeing the long-hairs cruising the Pacific Coast Hwy. back in '72 before I headed over to 'Nam. This is my first motorcycle...still a newbie w/less than 2K miles in the saddle. I only ride with one of my sons. It's great having my "motorcycle therapy" appointments with him. He's been riding for 20 yrs.

My 1st motorcycleCropped.jpg

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had been looking at a fury for about 10 years I guess since they 1st came out and and I was off and on about it because because I used to have Harley's and a big dog.

Then I came across this one and I just could not help myself.. It's a 2010 garage kept 1 owner with 6000 miles on it. So even at 70 years old I just caved because to me it is the sweetest looking Honda I had ever seen
I hope that after riding since 1964 someday I can contribute a little and Im sure I can learn a lot about my Fury from all the knowledgeable members here View attachment 240651
Welcome and congrats on your purchase !

I am impressed, very impressed, not only by the look of the bike ( might be featured in a future space movie starring Tom Cruise) but I am more than impressed by the inaugural 700 mile ride.

Did you break it up over 2 days and were you aware of the limited range due to the sleek gas tank ?

What city to what city ?

RIDE ON !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Gainesville, FL...I must agree...the Fury is the sweetest chopper-style bike I've seen. When I first saw a pic of a blue one online, it grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I'd been wanting a chopper ever since seeing the long-hairs cruising the Pacific Coast Hwy. back in '72 before I headed over to 'Nam. This is my first motorcycle...still a newbie w/less than 2K miles in the saddle. I only ride with one of my sons. It's great having my "motorcycle therapy" appointments with him. He's been riding for 20 yrs.

View attachment 240654
Boatwire first off welcome home my brother in arms. 3 tours for me 67-70.
1st with the 101st , 2nd and 3rd with 11th Cav
Please don't ask me why I was just young and stupid.
I have had Harleys, Hondas, and even a custom built Big Dog chopper. Even that didn't suit me like my Fury.
The first Fury I ever saw was blue and the hook was set then. That was back in 2010. Could never quite get it out of the back of my mind.
Stopped riding back in 2011 and then I happened to see this silver one and my ass was done. Had to have it. I just take short little rides now 20-25 miles maybe but they are happy miles. It helps me with that damn PTSD.
Thanks for the warm welcome and compliment on my Fury. Yours in badd ass my brother

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I am impressed, very impressed, not only by the look of the bike ( might be featured in a future space movie starring Tom Cruise) but I more than impressed by the inaugural 700 mile ride.

Did you break it up over 2 days and were you aware of the limited range due to the sleek gas tank ?

What city to what city ?

RIDE ON !!!

I am impressed, very impressed, not only by the look of the bike ( might be featured in a future space movie starring Tom Cruise) but I more than impressed by the inaugural 700 mile ride.

What city to what city ?

RIDE ON !!!
Hey thanks for the welcome !!

No, I road it from Philly to Columbus Ohio.
Straight thru.
My friend drove my car in the lead with 5 gallon gas cans in case I came up short between gas stations.
Thanks for the compliment. When I saw it in person I was dazzeled. Pictures dont do it justice.
I couldnt wait to hand the 5400.00 over for it.
I figured with only 6000 miles on it over 11 years how hard could it have been ridden?
I absolutely love it

·
Registered
2011 Fury
227 Posts
Thanks for your service and welcome. I’ve been riding something since 7 and the fury…. I’m sorry her name is Grace…lol and Grace is my latest love affair. Absolutely the best bike I’ve ever riden. 6’1”, 190- with long inseams… Grace was like a match made in heaven! And what’s even better is the customization is limitless! We really got the top of the line chopper out there today.
Btw: love the silver color. Ride on furion!

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
446 Posts
Welcome from Daytona 😎
Beautiful bike, fantastic deal.
I've got a '10 Sabre with some Fury components I refer to her as Sabre of Fury.
She was a little ruff when I found her. Been laid down on right side.. There are a great bunch here. They welcomed me in as one of there own. Buy the way, Thank you for your service. 🇺🇲

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Powgenman, FuriousMike,
I deeply appreciate the recognition for my service and I always feel a little awkward when someone says that to me because in my mind and in my heart now and back then it was just something any good American does when they're called up to serve.
But thank you.
Thank you both for the warm welcome. I only hope I can contribute a small amount compared to the amount I am sure to learn from all of you.
Thanks for the compliments on my Fury.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Boatwire first off welcome home my brother in arms. 3 tours for me 67-70.
1st with the 101st , 2nd and 3rd with 11th Cav
Please don't ask me why I was just young and stupid.
I have had Harleys, Hondas, and even a custom built Big Dog chopper. Even that didn't suit me like my Fury.
The first Fury I ever saw was blue and the hook was set then. That was back in 2010. Could never quite get it out of the back of my mind.
Stopped riding back in 2011 and then I happened to see this silver one and my ass was done. Had to have it. I just take short little rides now 20-25 miles maybe but they are happy miles. It helps me with that damn PTSD.
Thanks for the warm welcome and compliment on my Fury. Yours in badd ass my brother
And, a sincere "Welcome Home!" to you, too, my brother. I did 9 yrs. total from '71-80. Three WESTPAC cruises for me '72-75 aboard the USS MORTON DD-948... numerous "gun-line" tours supporting you "in-country" guys, plane-guarded the aircraft carriers, and too many, unsuccessful "Downed-Pilots" searches.

DD-948.jpg

Had to volunteer for submarines to get to the east coast when I became eligible for a transfer after Vietnam. All of the Engineering ratings (I worked down in the enginerooms) in the Western Pacific got re-classified as "Critical Rates" due to low retention and enlistments. I would have been transferred to another WESTPAC ship. Folks were still living near Boston, MA. I wanted to be closer to home, and Basic Submarine School was/is in New London, CT...less than an hour's drive home. Besides, how many times does one need to see Hong Kong? After graduation, I was stunned to see my orders: USS Nautilus SSN-571, the 1st nuke boat, stationed in New London...Went to Spain, Italy, Scotland, "Under the Arctic Ice", and Nova Scotia. What a "trip" that was!

Nautilus underway.jpg

These are pics of the blue Fury that hooked me and how mine looked when I got it for $6K w/321 miles:

Custom Blue Fury.jpg My Blue Fury.jpg

I learned how to ride it in the storage center's parking lot.

My 2 Hondas.jpg

The day my coach (son) and I decided it was time to move up to a bigger parking lot and get the speed up, we opened the outer door to the lockers and saw a bunch of padlocks on the floor in front of numerous units. Yup, stolen, along with my son's flat screen and welder. Immediately called the sheriffs and filled out the report. Two weeks went by and I figured I was out the $6K since I hadn't put any insurance on it yet. Imagine how I felt when my phone rang w/Columbia County Sheriffs in Caller ID. "We recovered your motorcycle and it appears to be in working condition." Uh...okay. The burglars hit 5 other storage centers during those two weeks. One of them had a security camera that captured the thief on a motorcycle meeting his accomplice in the parking lot. The camera got the license plate of her car. The sheriffs pulled the accomplice's car over a few days later on a traffic stop and the thief was in the passenger seat. Busted! He got 3 yrs in prison, she got 2...and ordered them to equally share the $5000 restitution. She's almost finished w/her payments. He gets out in October and has 30 days to begin his...or, he goes back to prison and still owes me.

51398895_367403237408594_3936924696058003456_n.jpg 51256891_2007265675975516_930492149143699456_n.jpg 50883726_2033211370310189_1793496893049798656_n.jpg

3½ gallons of lacquer thinner, $500 in parts, and a few frustrating months later it was finally respectable enough to get back to my training sessions.
Ready for the road.jpg

I've been investing her restitution payments on a few upgrades:
My Fury w 3 in handlebar risers.jpg

Since yours is an earlier model, let me be the first to give you a "head's up". If the previous owner hasn't replaced the original fuel pump already, be prepared to install the revised designed pump. The factory coated the welds inside the fuel tank with an epoxy to prevent rusting. The epoxy flakes off over time and clogs the horizontal fuel filter in the bottom of the pump canister. The revised design's filter is situated vertically in the canister and has less of a tendency to clog. So, it you start noticing a hesitancy or poor performance issue w/the engine...it's talked about a lot on here. Use the Search box at the top of the Forum's page...not only for that, but any other topic or idea that interests you. There's a lot of available info that's already been thoroughly discussed.

Enjoy the therapy and keep the rubber on the road!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well my brother you have certainly paid your dues
Thank you for your years of service and support for us for us gravel agitators, mud rollers, ground pounders, 11 boos ( grunts).

I was one of the lucky ones who got to be a tunnel rat because I was 6'3" and a 180 pounds

Is kind of like a submariner only underground lol

I will look into the fuel filter issue for sure thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well my brother you have certainly paid your dues
Thank you for your years of service and support for us for us gravel agitators, mud rollers, ground pounders, 11 boos ( grunts).

I was one of the lucky ones who got to be a tunnel rat because I was 6'3" and a 180 pounds

Is kind of like a submariner only underground lol

I will look into the fuel filter issue for sure thanks for the heads up
6'2" doesn't fit through the sub's watertight bulkhead/deck hatches easily...especially during an emergency...shins, knees, shoulders, elbows, and noggin got a few dents. Pic is chick touring the Nautilus museum...passing through watertight bulkhead hatch/door...deck hatches to lower level areas were much smaller...air conditioning and atmosphere control plant is located below the aft berthing compartment...just forward of the hydraulic plant and stern planes and rudder control "rams".
1626404997780.png

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What I can say is this when you crawl down 10-15' underground in a tunnel that's only as wide as your shoulders and you cannot turn around you can only backup with just a 1911 service pistol and a red flashlight to find the enemy waiting for you isnt really a fun task either.
About 80% of the tunnel rats never survived
Strange how that didn't bother me but you could never put me in a submarine

·
Registered
494 Posts
What I can say is this when you crawl down 10-15' underground in a tunnel that's only as wide as your shoulders and you cannot turn around you can only backup with just a 1911 service pistol and a red flashlight to find the enemy waiting for you isnt really a fun task either.
About 80% of the tunnel rats never survived
Strange how that didn't bother me but you could never put me in a submarine
I thought about you tunnel rats, infantry, and the river boat runners whenever our 5" guns let loose their thunder. We couldn't see the target(s) from the ship..."I sure hope nobody screwed up sending us strike coordinates." I recently had the pleasure of chatting with a pilot of one of those planes Danny Glover flew in BAT-21. Thankfully, they had their shit together. A salute of respect for all you who were in-country. May those who never made it back home and those who passed on afterwards due to the effects of that and subsequent wars rest in peace.
sailor salute.jpeg

It got "freaky" a few times on the sub...There's some things you never want to hear aboard a submarine:
When we were getting ready to leave Italy and head up to Bremerhaven, Germany we got word that a few Russian trawlers were waiting to track us just outside the Strait of Gibraltar. So, instead of passing through the strait on the surface like we did on our way in, we remained submerged and exited the Med directly beneath one of those gigantic super-tankers. The sound of that tankers "wheels" sloshing through the water was so loud you'd swear the blades of one of those huge props were about to slice right through the skin of our boat. That'll get your attention!
On the way to Germany we received a radio message that redirected us to Holy Loch, Scotland to pick up new written orders. They didn't want them going out over the electronic airwaves. Russia was launching a new aircraft carrier. Since the Nautilus was the only US sub with a noise "signature" identical to a Russian Foxtrot Class submarine, we got elected to sneak in amongst the carrier's defense squadron and take photos of the it through the periscope. Oh, joy! Hearing the "pings" from multiple enemy surface combatants' sonar units piercing the hull..."Oh shit!" We got the hell outta Dodge City and hid "under the ice" for a couple of days. On my way to the Mess Deck after watch, as I was passing by the Conn the Officer of the Watch saw me, "Heesen, want to see something cool?" Sure! He pointed to the periscope's eyepiece and said, "Have a look." He had the mirrors in the scope positioned for an up angle view. I got to see what the underside of the Arctic ice looked like. Not many people in the world can say that.
And, the one thing you NEVER EVER want to hear while cruising along at 625 feet below the surface is the loud sound of the klaxon going off:
"Aah-Ooh-Gah! Aah-Ooh-Gah! JAMMED DIVE! JAMMED DIVE! This is NOT a drill! I repeat! This is NOT a drill! JAMMED DIVE! Aah-Ooh-Gah!"

·
Registered
2011 Fury
227 Posts
Powgenman, FuriousMike,
I deeply appreciate the recognition for my service and I always feel a little awkward when someone says that to me because in my mind and in my heart now and back then it was just something any good American does when they're called up to serve.
But thank you.
Thank you both for the warm welcome. I only hope I can contribute a small amount compared to the amount I am sure to learn from all of you.
Thanks for the compliments on my Fury.
My son is active duty Marine Corp. and my next son up is enlisting in the navy next year (early enlistment) in my household ALL vets get the royal treatment especially Marines (we’ve had 4 men in the family join the Corps). So a big HOORAH! To u and the others here that served this great nation of ours. (Notice the lower case n and upper case M…. 🤣 gotta bust your chops a little bit sailor!) 😘

·
Registered
494 Posts
My son is active duty Marine Corp. and my next son up is enlisting in the navy next year (early enlistment) in my household ALL vets get the royal treatment especially Marines (we’ve had 4 men in the family join the Corps). So a big HOORAH! To u and the others here that served this great nation of ours. (Notice the lower case n and upper case M…. 🤣 gotta bust your chops a little bit sailor!) 😘
One of my fellow crew members on the Nautilus used to pitch for the base Marines' fast-pitch softball team since they didn't have a Marine that knew how and the Marines are a branch of the United States Navy...we gotta carry you guys everywhere. SFMF! I sat in the bleachers sharing my a 6 pack of Strohs with my Master Chief (E-9) watching the games. After each game, win or lose, we'd both head over to the Red Barn (Marines enlisted club) and drink some free beers with the grunts. I always got along with Marines. Would hand off a 6 pack of tall Budweisers to the guards at the back gate of the submarine base after a night of shooting pool in the local bars. Word got around. I never got hassled at the gates even when my parking sticker got removed for parking in an officers space. The guards all recognized my Austin Healey 3000.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts