Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fury Fans...I just picked mine up Sat. Wow...what a ride. I love it.
Question though...I guess I underestimated the max weight for bringing on a passenger. The max weight states 322 but my partner would push that to 332. Can anyone comment on the risk associated with going 10+ lbs over? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
No problem going a little over. Just adjust the shock, so you don't bottom out on the rear fender supports over big bumps.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would think there is a generous saftey factor as to max weight. Heck I'm 240 lbs, My wife has to be @130 and we've been on together, no problems.
Hey, wait! I now have the perfect reason to make it a solo rider! Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations on your new Fury! I've done a few neighborhood trips - so there was no emergency braking, pothole bashes, etc - with a total load around 350 lbs. No handling or performance issues with the Fury on local rides. I'll ditto chopped's sage advice to adjust the shock. Turn the pre-load adjuster under the right side cover clockwise to increase the spring pre-load. The standard position of the pre-load adjuster is 6 clicks out from full soft. Make sure you tires are at max recommended pressure.

Finally, don't forget to report back and let us know at what speed the front wheel starts coming off the ground:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on the bad a$$ bike and Welcome! With regards to the max weight, I didn't even know what it was until recently. I can tell you that I'm 265lbs (depending on how much beer I drink over the weekend :eek:) and with my wife, we are pushin just over 380lbs. I do have to stiffin up the rear shock when riding with both of us, but fury handles it just fine. Wife & I have put well over 1500 miles on the bike riding with both of us.

Still plenty of travel left in the rear suspension, and enough torque to push my big a$$ just fast enough :D Oh, and the front tire is still in firm contact with the ground :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts