Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just joined.
Just got a 2010 Japanese import. Silver and chrome.
I’m in Oxfordshire, England. It’s still a bit chilly for a long ride but been out a few times.
Lot to learn but had a look around the site. Some of you blokes know what you’re on about. First job is to fit some risers as I’m not that long in the arm department.
That it for now, cheers.
Bill. 🙃

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello to you all and thanks.
I have no reflectors but I do have a Japanese sticker on the tank I need to get off. Any tips?
Talisker, is there anywhere in the UK that sells goodies for the fury?
What thread holds the bars to the top yoke? Is it M12X1mm pitch?
Enjoying reading the posts and translating the lingo. The stake on a nut - tab washer. Box wrench - ring spanner. Love the difference. 😀
Bill🙃

·
Registered
466 Posts
Welcome from Gainesville, Florida...For handlebar risers consider contacting Jake Crosby on Facebook's "Honda Fury Club". He makes them in black and silver. I've got a set of his 3" black on mine...around $100 USD.
My Fury w 3 in handlebar risers.jpg New tail lights.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,466 Posts
I have no reflectors but I do have a Japanese sticker on the tank I need to get off. Any tips?
Hey Bill, try these threads for tips:

I used a Bosch heat gun (to not burn anything but yet get it hot), WD-40 (guys here showed it to me and it's better than the professional sticker removal stuff and far less toxic!!), and plastic razor blades, plus my fingernails/fingers.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Take a look at this thread you might want to participate. Have fun and ride safe.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2010 Fury
22 Posts
Hi Bill, Fury accessories in the UK are few. Customcruisers.com have some stuff which I believe comes from the USA. They have a slight edge in that they buy in quantities which allow reduced import duty.
You can get stainless steel brake hoses from Venhill and HEL directly from UK companies. Cobra and V&H exhausts are available on ebay. Matching air filters and the necessary fuel control modules are only available in the USA (as far as I can see).
Is your import customised already? The Fury is famous for being a bit of a blank canvas. If you have some budget you are going to have great fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve used bathroom mirror screw caps to cover the holes in the back fender-mud guard till I can figure out a better way. I’d like it smooth. It’s better than the flame rack thing that was on it!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I’ve used bathroom mirror screw caps to cover the holes in the back fender-mud guard till I can figure out a better way. I’d like it smooth. It’s better than the flame rack thing that was on it!
Good idea

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Exhaust is not stock, at least not stock for the US, EU, AU market and I doubt Honda would have done a different muffler just for Japan so those must be aftermarket cans on there.

Rear fender looks like it had a Honda sissy bar on it at one time, judging by the location of the holes on the fender.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
22 Posts
Hi Bill, the bike looks great. As Kbuskill points out, you don't seem to have standard cans there. Is that a standard air filter and how does she run?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t know about the cans-exhausts it’s as it came but it does make a nice deep wobbly sound. It runs nice. Has a bit of a problem with a snatching clutch when cold, as I’ve seen in the forum. It’s a lot different to my other machines. 1953 125 bsa bantam and 1963 heinkel scooter. 😆 it’s a learning curve. Got the jap stickers off today and oil & filter change. Removed the seat. That’s low when you sit. Food for thought on a home design custom saddle. I like the rider end of the tank exposed idea. Found out what the threads are on the ends of the bars is M12 x 1.25 pitch. So maybe make some s/steel risers. Froze my bits off on an hour run today. Brilliant 👍. What are the gears for? It pulls in any one!
Chuffed from Oxfordshire.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts