Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what other states helment laws were. In Texas you dont have to wear a helment if you are over 21 and have 10k worth of health insurance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In Massachusetts you must wear a helmet, In Rhode Island if you are under 21 you must wear a helmet in addition all new operators must wear a helmet regardless of age for a period of one year from the date the license was issued. Last year I was at Myrtle Beach SC for bike week and helmets were optional.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im planning a ride to Sturgis and I didnt know which states you are forced to wear the helment. Thanks for the help DeadSpider.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No helmet law in PA if your over 21 or have taken safety classes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think in oklahoma u have to wear one til 18 yrs old. i also wear one anyways....

·
Premium Member
518 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wear a full face most of the time when Im riding. Usually on Sunday mornings the gang rides to our breakfast nook and none of us wear our helments. Its just about the only time we dont wear them but I was curious to know what laws were in other states. Thanks to all for their help on this topic.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Can you full face helmet wearers hear the pipes any better than without one? The wind drowns out the pipes at speed I noticed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same as EKD, I can hear them when at high RPM. Coming off Sport bikes Im not used to not wearing a helment but this Doo Rag thang is pretty cool :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts