Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a Quick Release on your helmet?

I recently had to stop on the road for a bad accident where we had to wait on air transport. So I'm up at the front of the stop with a dozen or so other bikes... we all had our helmets and gloves off for quite a while - suddenly the CHP gets on the PA and says "We're good to proceed", or something like that, and before I can even get one glove on everyone else is starting their motors and heading out... I threw my helmet on my head and sat on my other glove and rode straight to the side of the road to finish getting dressed! LOL...

So now I'm looking at the Echo Quick Release to add to the Shoei Qwest I just picked up from LeatherUp.

Site: Echo Quick Release Helmet Buckle
Video:

It looks like the QR is good and non-destructive to the helmet but I'd like to hear from people who are using it or something similar.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Depends on how its made for how well it holds up with extended use, I think a Quick release could eventually lead to a quick release of the helmet when you dont want it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good idea I think I will be ordering a couple of these today. I am tired of the hassel also.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This chick I ride with uses that. Its just ok. It takes a bit getting used to. Feels a bit cheap but it is the only thing out there for a quick release.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I have this on both of my helmets. They install easily and work well, they are a little bulky under the chin but seems to hold well.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have had one of these on my Shoei RF-1000 for I would say around 6 years now. I havent had any problems with it and it still works great today. I feel it is not as strong as using just the D rings because the plastic will give up before the straps would but I still feel it would withstand a crash. And yes it does save a ton of time when putting your helmet on and I love the fact you can do it while still wearing gloves. Oh and sure beats the hell out of the little plastic buckle on my Voss helmet lol.

EDIT: Oh and the actual part that connects and releases is metal, the plastic part just keeps it lined up. So it is actually a very strong connection and mine has not weakened at all after hundreds of uses.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback - I ordered a 2-pack so I can have it on both of my helmets

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have this on one of my helmets and hate it! Atleast for me i find myself constantly getting the end put in at an angle and jamming it up, or i only get one end of the clip in. the hard plastic hits me right at the mandible (lower jaw bone) and tends to become painful for longer rides at i speeds. i hate it needless to say, however it is durable and has lasted (but i don't wear that helmet as often anymore because of the clip)

I found one at a harley dealership that is better but i recently noticed it had a crack in it and i need to replace it. but its lasted a good 2 years of abuse.

Good luck either way a qwick clip is the best. for the half helmets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I insist each and every parts of a helmet is critical - anything from the core material to locking system to ventilation to everything. This quick release strap is quite interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts