Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to sound cliche, but does anyone know a good place where I can find "girly" custom parts?

In particular, I'm looking for a pink air intake system and radiator cover/sheild. Yes, I said pink.

Suggestions? :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
I haven't seen a pink cover or intake but we have a group buy going on Irate grilles you could get it stainless and paint it pink easily enough or powder coated could do the same with about any intake also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, OF. I figured I'd probably have to do a lot of customizing myself. What is the group rate for the irate grills? And why aren't the grills happy? (hehe, sorry I'm a dork)

Is there a timeframe of when I'd need to purchase? I'm waiting for my stinkin' tax return since I'm still recovering from putting $5k cash down on my fury.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I already ride in bra and panties; can't get anymore girly than that. (kidding)

The gear part is easy as I come armed with a sewing machine and skills. (Ooh, that's giving me ideas now)

Thanks for the suggestion, Lester!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha! Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed off too-- although, that sounds a lot like travelling down a highway behind a gravel truck and getting pelted at 90mph on a motorcycle... not that I know anything about that. However, it can be a very exfoliating process... :)

Thanks for the heads up, OF!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Had a customer come into our shop after riding his new bike there. He came in wiping his face and lips and said "You know you shouldn't follow garbage trucks to close"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL!

OF, I just bought an irate using your group deal. I was thinking it was going to be a couple hundred bucks...so I jumped on it.

You may want to add me to the list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh, and if you're curious I bought the flames.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, Pete! That's what I'm sayin!? If they can make red, they can make pink. Just add some more white to the mix.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
675 Posts
Pink huh? Your best resource for painting parts might be everyones fav. Painter. His forum name is.....painter. Give him a shout and he can price out your parts. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pink huh? Your best resource for painting parts might be everyones fav. Painter. His forum name is.....painter. Give him a shout and he can price out your parts. Hope that helps.
Thanks Ace! I think if I had expensive parts (like tank/fender), it'd be worth shipping/labor expenses for someone to paint. But to ship an air filter and grill to Indiana (where Painter lives) might be more money than its worth. Don't know, but I'll check with him.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Thanks Ace! I think if I had expensive parts (like tank/fender), it'd be worth shipping/labor expenses for someone to paint. But to ship an air filter and grill to Indiana (where Painter lives) might be more money than its worth. Don't know, but I'll check with him.

Quite actually, if you can't get D&M to make a one-off pink intake for you, buy the red one and have it shipped to Painter and then he'll ship the completed product to you. No need to get it shipped to you, then from you to him, then from him back to you ... reduce the run-around by one stop.

Painter is good. Real Good! Just email him (PM) and ask him to quote you a price. Y'don't know if y'don't ask.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quite actually, if you can't get D&M to make a one-off pink intake for you, buy the red one and have it shipped to Painter and then he'll ship the completed product to you. No need to get it shipped to you, then from you to him, then from him back to you ... reduce the run-around by one stop.

Painter is good. Real Good! Just email him (PM) and ask him to quote you a price. Y'don't know if y'don't ask.
Touche. :p

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Had a customer come into our shop after riding his new bike there. He came in wiping his face and lips and said "You know you shouldn't follow garbage trucks to close"
On my way to Indyfest last summer, I just missed a shitty diaper thrown out of the car in front of me at 70 mph. The diaper went right past my head. Then I met up with Richard in Dayton and we got pelted with gravel on I-70 for about 5 miles. Still a great trip though.:cool:
To keep from hijacking....not sure where to find pink parts.

·
Registered
675 Posts
He is the best and has very good prices. Just need to get my parts off and ship them to him. Stpete is right.... Just ship em to him and wait for the finished product.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I say contact vendors with the style you want then see if they can powder coat or paint pink, If they can find out the color they use that you then try keeping everything the same shade by ordering as plain as you can and having someone local or ship everything to painter or someone similar to do it if the MFG cant accomidate you

1 - 20 of 59 Posts