Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ....

I'm actually a VTX owner, but my dad is looking at getting a fury this weekend, and I thought someone here might be able to help. He found this fury on ebay and want's to bid on it.

I contacted the seller, and what concerns me is when I asked him why hes selling it, he said hes getting too old (hes in his mid 70's) and shouldn't ride anymore. My concern is, I haven't met many people in their 70's who ride, let alone a custom fury. We live in Illinois, so we can't go see the bike in person or meet the owner.

So, if anyone on here knows this guy or this bike, please let me know. He is located in Atlantic Bay, NY.

THANKS!
Dustin

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Hey! watch what you say about us old guys. Show some respect. I didn't realize there was an age limit on owning a Fury :eek: That's one sticker I must of missed! Quite a few of us were riding bikes long before you were born and probably will be long after your gone.:D

I might be old but I can still ride :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm not sure, I think I fell asleeeeee....(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm 62 and ride a Fury! Don't believe there is an age limit:) However guess I can understand your concern. Just ask the right questions and know that if he is not telling the truth upfront (what he posted on ebay), that EBAY will stand behind you. Lots of good deals on ebay and the majority are legit. That is a nice looking bike by the way.......

PS; If it will make you, or you Dad feel better, write up a statement with all your questions and his answers. Have him sign it and get notorized. This will also help in protecting you with EBAY. Good luck and hope you have the winning bid..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Notice the price at $9,500.00 and the reserve hasn't been met yet.. being in Illinois you might want to check to see if someone is selling something cheaper but at least local.

ie;
2010 Honda Fury "Special Edition"

I know people do it all the time, but I wouldn't feel comfortable buying something big ticket on ebay. Too many complications and logistical issues I wouldn't want to deal with.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Taffyspop... Greensboro NC.....Isn't that where Forest Gump" was from?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Good memory Donzi, but not quiet. Forest Gump lived in the fictional town of GREENBOW, ALABAMA. There is a Greensboro, Alabama also.

Run Forest, Run!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Excuse me while I go eat this box of chocolates :D

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Small arm training..Is that what midgets take in the army.......LOL

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
So i asked my wife who knows the Island like the back of her hand. Turns out that Atlantic Beach is south of Brooklyn, but still considered Long Island. My point is that i have attended a lot of rides in the area, and a few hang outs on other popular beaches here on Long Island. With the exception Larry, Ernie and Jerry i have not seen another Fury here.

THere are services that you can pay for them to physically check on the bike before you put in a bid.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Never seen that bike befor except on E-bay. You can also check out Yakaz for used bikes. Just saw a Black Stock go for $8000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just an update - I ended up buying the bike for my dad, and drove out to new york to pay for it and trailered it back. Gorgeous bike, I almost didn't want to give it to him! Almost makes me want to get rid of my vtx and my harley and buy a fury for myself.

Thanks for all the help

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
just an update - I ended up buying the bike for my dad, and drove out to new york to pay for it and trailered it back. Gorgeous bike, I almost didn't want to give it to him! Almost makes me want to get rid of my vtx and my harley and buy a fury for myself.

Thanks for all the help
you are now thinking right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts