Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my haste/ excitment/ inexperience to remove the Honda logos on the the 2 chrome side panels of my bike I lightly scratched the chrome pieces. I guess the towel I used was either too rough or had something on it. The scatches are only noticable from certain angles.
I was wondering if their is a product to remove or buff out the scratches. I am not sure how to treat it because it is plastic chrome, so would you use a plastic scratch remover or something for chrome. I know as a last resort i could order new pieces , but the scratches dont bother me that much yet.
Thanks, Grober

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Ouch... have you tried any plastic scratch removers?

I removed my honda badges from the chrome covers, but I was really careful and I used a clean microfiber... maybe something to look into for future projects.

If you plan on getting rid of it, let me know. I want to paint one to match the bike's color. :cool:

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I have yet to scratch up any chrome yet (that I noticed) but I got a good scratch/wear spot in the paint on my rear fender from my lifejacket hanging from my backpack.

I will prob be looking for a plastic-chrome fixer kit in no time though aswell.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have yet to scratch up any chrome yet (that I noticed) but I got a good scratch/wear spot in the paint on my rear fender from my lifejacket hanging from my backpack.

I will prob be looking for a plastic-chrome fixer kit in no time though aswell.
slightly off topic. For paint protection I use this stuff:

Snider's Paint Guard :: Straps, Bungees, and Accessories :: Packing It In :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

When I saw that the 'Bikers Friend' straps would occasionally contact the rear fender I immediately cut some paint guard to shape and applied it to protect the paint. I also have it on the front of my spoiler, where the seat touches the tank and on the frame where my electric plug peeks out from under the seat. This stuff's been a paint saver on my other bikes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
In my haste/ excitment/ inexperience to remove the Honda logos on the the 2 chrome side panels of my bike I lightly scratched the chrome pieces. I guess the towel I used was either too rough or had something on it. The scatches are only noticable from certain angles.
I was wondering if their is a product to remove or buff out the scratches. I am not sure how to treat it because it is plastic chrome, so would you use a plastic scratch remover or something for chrome. I know as a last resort i could order new pieces , but the scratches dont bother me that much yet.
Thanks, Grober
If it was my bike, I would take them off & have them painted to match the gas tank.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it was my bike, I would take them off & have them painted to match the gas tank.
Painting had crossed my mind. I was thinking either your sugestion or black. I did a little photo shop work. I by no mean any kind of artist, but it gives me something to start with.
I will try to buff the scratches out first even if i decide to paint it, just in case i end up with any other scratches in my chrome i will know how to remove them.
thanks for the all input.

i also put 2 other photos of possible changes. I like the black rims on the silver fury, and then maby paint the chrome side panels black, with black ghost flames painted on the fenders and tank. It doesnt hurt to dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you do that with the chrome in the picture? That can't be a computer program. Both photos look good. The options for custimization with this bike are endless.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
How did you do that with the chrome in the picture? That can't be a computer program. Both photos look good. The options for custimization with this bike are endless.
In photobucket I just edited with the tools they have available ... it's the Tint one that I used on the chrome. :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
i also put 2 other photos of possible changes. I like the black rims on the silver fury, and then maby paint the chrome side panels black, with black ghost flames painted on the fenders and tank. It doesn't hurt to dream.
I was going to get the silver fury but went red instead.. In addition to the black rims, go black exhaust and chrome radiator!! As far as your scratches.. I have never done this... but a friend of mine strongly suggests using a rouge stick on it. He swears by it. Me? Well if it was my bike I would try a natural wax or a cleaner wax with a diaper and see if that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts