Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've started installing the Kuryakin engine cover, left side went with no problems. But installing the rear cover on the right side started to give me some problems. I guess they won't fit without removing the exhaust pipe.

The manual states: It may be necessary to loosen the exhaust heat shields in order to fit the right side cover into place.

Ok, but how? :confused:

If I follow the top exhaust pipe upwards, I see 2 bolts left and right from the exhaust, do I have to remove those 2?

Can anyone point me in the right direction, perhaps with a picture/photo?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not sure how to loosen the heat shields, but I can tell you I had removed the exhaust to get the install completed. I however; have viper2s. Looking at the stock exhaust, it seems like it the heat shields slide downwards to get them off. I tried to take a picture off of my pipes, but it didn't turn out..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Put my covers on last week (have stock pipes) and I didn't need to remove the pipes.
Just slide it up and under. Work with it a little it will go.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I didn't need to loosen exhaust shields or exhaust.
Just worked it in like Fishman stated above.

I don't have stock pipes... I'll shut up now..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put my covers on last week (have stock pipes) and I didn't need to remove the pipes.
Just slide it up and under. Work with it a little it will go.

Do you mean I have to slide the part circled in red?, thats possible without loosening a bolt?

(Or did you mean slide the kury engine cover up and under?)

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Do you mean I have to slide the part circled in red?, thats possible without loosening a bolt?

(Or did you mean slide the kury engine cover up and under?)

I removed the side cover and slid the thing over with both hands.
It just sticky tape holding that piece on...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, finished the install!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well I've started installing the Kuryakin engine cover, left side went with no problems. But installing the rear cover on the right side started to give me some problems. I guess they won't fit without removing the exhaust pipe.

The manual states: It may be necessary to loosen the exhaust heat shields in order to fit the right side cover into place.

If I follow the top exhaust pipe upwards, I see 2 bolts left and right from the exhaust, do I have to remove those 2?

Thanks!!
I removed the nuts at the top of the rear pipe & undid the clamp next to the silencer,then pulled pipe/cover out about an inch,this gave plenty of room to get the cover & sticky pads in without touching the case,then push pipes back in place & screw the clamp back tight,replace the nuts on pipe to 17 ft/lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

Thanks!!
with a 6mm socket remove the retaining clamp (hose clamp), it must loosen completely because its circular, cover tranny chrome with towel, pull shield back left and down slightly all at the same time. At the head there is a rubber gromet don't let it get away.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I removed the side cover and slid the thing over with both hands.
It just sticky tape holding that piece on...
Sorry I know this is off the topic but you see the bite you have in red, Mine on idle and low revs shacks and tings of the exhaust pipe under it, it seams to me that its missing somthing to keep it on the pipe???

thats my question is there something on your bike that im missing???

Thank You in advance
Marc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts