Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got a 2010 Honda fury it's not wanting to come out of gear I really know nothing about it I bought it as is and was told it ran but I can't get it out of gear I can Ingage the clutch and it will roll freely but it won't come out of gear

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to hear. The odds of this being a simple, inexpensive fix are extremely rare. Hopefully you get lucky, tho. Sounds like a bent shifting fork or shaft, which lives deep in the belly of the beast. Keep us posted

·
Registered
853 Posts
Pull the side cover off of the engine, where the shift rod goes in. Look to see what kind of an angle the splined block that the heim joint connects to. If it has been rotated to far, one way or the other, the shifting linkage will bind and it won't shift. That's just a thought, worth checking out. Also, Does it still have the factory foot controls?

·
Registered
2011 Fury
227 Posts
Pull the side cover off of the engine, where the shift rod goes in. Look to see what kind of an angle the splined block that the heim joint connects to. If it has been rotated to far, one way or the other, the shifting linkage will bind and it won't shift. That's just a thought, worth checking out. Also, Does it still have the factory foot controls?
No diagram?

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Hi I just got a 2010 Honda fury it's not wanting to come out of gear I really know nothing about it I bought it as is and was told it ran but I can't get it out of gear I can Ingage the clutch and it will roll freely but it won't come out of gear

1 - 17 of 17 Posts