Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I love my pipes but they are scraping and I'm not sure what to do about it. I can post pictures this evening if anyone wants to see but I can't turn right. That is, I can't lean very far to the right. So far its only been an issue going slow on tight turns but I'm sure it'll be an issue going down back roads. What can I do?

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
Well I love my pipes but they are scraping and I'm not sure what to do about it. I can post pictures this evening if anyone wants to see but I can't turn right. That is, I can't lean very far to the right. So far its only been an issue going slow on tight turns but I'm sure it'll be an issue going down back roads. What can I do?
three inch fork extentions on the front.helps a lot

·
Registered
835 Posts
What pipes do you have? Probably need to change pipes. I have Cobra Swepts and with the mountain twisties here in Colorado, I have scraped mine as well and my bike isn't even lowered! I have too much invested so I just am very careful taking corners and slow down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are after market pipes, Hard Krome. I've also lowered the bike with the L&M spring. Really think the fork extenders will help, I'm not sure how.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
where are the pipes scraping? front or back? also remove the ride side cover and tighten the preload shock all the way to the right.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
They are after market pipes, Hard Krome. I've also lowered the bike with the L&M spring. Really think the fork extenders will help, I'm not sure how.
the way i ride my cobra swept scraped all the time with [email protected] lowering spring.when i put the 3 inch extenders on i have to get sport bike low to make it scrape now.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
my bracket hangs low enough it drags right before the pipe would.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
also consider the 8 degree trees because they come already with the 3" extenders.
if in the future you want to go this route you don't spend money twice

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also consider the 8 degree trees because they come already with the 3" extenders.
if in the future you want to go this route you don't spend money twice
I haven't really decided but I dount it, given the cost. I'm not really sure what the advantage is to the 8 trees. I'll probably give the extenders a shot a the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hey pigsnatcher! Just to let you know, I just installed my 3" fork extenders and did not replace the brake line. I just rerouted the line behind the trees and turned the bracket around that mounts the line to the bottom of the trees. If you have any other add-ons such as handle bar risers or the 8* trees then you most definitely need to replace the line.

Just so you know - I am really happy I installed the 3" extenders! Love what it did to my bike.

Also, if you are considering the 8* trees keep in mind that the added angle of the dangle will negate some of the lift you get from the 3" fork extenders. I've attatched the chart so you can compare. Just throwing it out there for you to keep in mind! Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the L&M spring was in the low position, I raised it about half way and took a ride. I didn't scrape. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but it was the first time I didn't scrape. So the higher I go will the bike become more firm/less bouncy????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts