Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have the spike filter from D2Moto, Accutronix adapter from Heartland and the Throttle body cover. I cant for the life of me figure out how to install this. The adapter arm does not line up with anything to mount it, Its far away from the Throttle body,gaskets dont line up with anything and the one hose is too big for the connector. I know alot of you have this set up. Please help maybe a picture or 2 will help me figure it out.
Thanks gang!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
OK I have the spike filter from D2Moto, Accutronix adapter from Heartland and the Throttle body cover. I cant for the life of me figure out how to install this. The adapter arm does not line up with anything to mount it, Its far away from the Throttle body,gaskets dont line up with anything and the one hose is too big for the connector. I know alot of you have this set up. Please help maybe a picture or 2 will help me figure it out.
Thanks gang!
CALL ACCUTRONIX

Troy is AWESOME!
He WILL help you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
spike

did the top elbow where the bigger hose goes come w a clear hose covering the ribs? if so u were suppose to slide hose from bike over it,u weren't suppose to remove it. and be careful w bottom bolt between cylinders mine snapped off and had to drill it out and put nut and bolt to hold it. i also had to drill out the adapter plate to mount spike vertically cuz holes did not lineup. make sure u countersink the the holes

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
There is a slot in the boot you need to roll that slot into the adapter (Carful do not cut or slice boot) that will bring the adapter up close and personal....:D There will be no drilling. no modifcation needed !!!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I have that adapter and read the instructions and had no problem at all with the adapter. The support bolt between the bottom of the cyls. was a bit tricky...go slow with that.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I spoke to Troy and he emailed me a copy of the directions. They werent included with the adapter. I have it almost figured out except the spike.
The spike came with a mounting plate and the bolts are too small to go through the accutronix plates where it all threads together. Altogether there are 3 plates, 2 gaskets and 3 bolts. I guess I have to make a road trip to get longer bolts. Also does the plate that comes with the air filter go onto the elbow or is that plate not needed now?

·
Registered
513 Posts
the adapter plate from d2 motto is what i was talking about, i had to re drill the holes to mount it vertically.cuz none of them lined up.i almost cut that clear hose off covring the upper elbow till i read it better and it says to slide hose over clear hose

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the adapter plate from d2 motto is what i was talking about, i had to re drill the holes to mount it vertically.cuz none of them lined up.i almost cut that clear hose off covring the upper elbow till i read it better and it says to slide hose over clear hose
Im mounting mine horizontally.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have that adapter and read the instructions and had no problem at all with the adapter. The support bolt between the bottom of the cyls. was a bit tricky...go slow with that.
Thats the thing Painter, I didnt get instructions with either. Im trying to wing it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUMP

Wow Im surprised no one has a picture of the D2moto spike and Accutronix setup so I can see what the final product looks like. I need to know if the plate that comes with the spike is used and why the bolts are so short. Anyone have a picture of this???

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i wish i could help ya out. Get that thing back together so we can ride. Wait, what else are you doing on that bike? Swing arm, then the intake...

·
Registered
513 Posts
spike

u don need that extra plate if ur mounting it horizontaly. the elbow will mount rite to the adapter. u will need to purchase longer bolts tho. i have the same set up but mine is vertical and i had to use the extra plate that came w the d2 motto spike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts