Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, need some help. I am trying to remove my battery. The screw to the negative side is not coming out. The positive side is no problem, but the negative side is a no go. The negative side is starting to strip out. Is there any at home solutions, or would it be better to just get a screw extractor. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Hey everyone, need some help. I am trying to remove my battery. The screw to the negative side is not coming out. The positive side is no problem, but the negative side is a no go. The negative side is starting to strip out. Is there any at home solutions, or would it be better to just get a screw extractor. Thanks in advance
mine has a 10 mm bolt/screw. Not talkin down to you but did you try a 10mm socket? or is yours just a screw?

can you break it loose with vice-grips first?? Also replace with another mm bolt when you get it off

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got it to work. Thanks. Went over with a hammer and a 10mm socket. Tapped it on and it worked. Did not think you were talking down, just informing me right. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Tried the 10mm after the first time, did not work. When and if I get it out I plan on replacing it with a proper screw. It just seems that the screw is made out of putty. I had the same problem when putting my Irate cover on.
Our Famous soft bolt saga continues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts