Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you shittin' me? This great show has been on for so many years and you've just now discovered it? Man, I've seen 'em all I don't know how many times.
yeah, less than 6 months ago.. it is very funny... cant get over it has been on for so long and i just started watching it... my girlfriend loves american dad and family guy..

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I love the Kel-Tec only use 9mm and can use the glock mag so its a win win for me.. you can get it in 40cal. if you need it..lol. you can get it with multi-mags
I'm not a Glock fan. I've heard that they are extremely reliable weapons, but I can't stand the way they feel in my hand. I have a Springfield Armory 1911 in .45 ACP and it feels perfect in my hand and is the most accurate handgun I've ever shot. Also have a Dan Wesson 1911 10mm which I very much like.

Wish this damn weather would dry up so I can get out to the range for some practice. It's been months since I've been to the range.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yeah, less than 6 months ago.. it is very funny... cant get over it has been on for so long and i just started watching it... my girlfriend loves american dad and family guy..
That's also surprising. Not many females I've known can appreciate these animated comedies. Are you a South Park fan. Many of those are pretty damn funny.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That's also surprising. Not many females I've known can appreciate these animated comedies. Are you a South Park fan. Many of those are pretty damn funny.
never seen it either,,,,hahhahahah I thought all that stuff was for kids I had NO idea.. American dad is on now here in PCB florida.. my bike is apart at the moment so I am stuck in the house.. I have a friends bike but I do not like riding it, you know cuz its a Harley

·
Registered
147 Posts
pretty messed up I am 49 and never watched that stuff.. was always working now I am not I will catch up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
and the girl loves that stuff... she has a pretty good sense of humor

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
never seen it either,,,,hahhahahah I thought all that stuff was for kids I had NO idea.. American dad is on now here in PCB florida.. my bike is apart at the moment so I am stuck in the house.. I have a friends bike but I do not like riding it, you know cuz its a Harley
South Park is fucking hilarious. You need to watch some episodes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
South Park is fucking hilarious. You need to watch some episodes.

willl do for sure.. I start watching American dad from 3-5 then family guy is on after for a hour... its pretty funny.. getting bored out of my mine not doing anything

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not a Glock fan. I've heard that they are extremely reliable weapons, but I can't stand the way they feel in my hand. I have a Springfield Armory 1911 in .45 ACP and it feels perfect in my hand and is the most accurate handgun I've ever shot. Also have a Dan Wesson 1911 10mm which I very much like.

Wish this damn weather would dry up so I can get out to the range for some practice. It's been months since I've been to the range.
springfield makes a GREAT weapon I like the XD models ..I also have a s&w 1911 .9mm M39 they call them the "hushpuppy"... i agree the 1911 is a mans gun it feels great in the hand that is for sure.... I try to keep everything 9mm I shoot a lot and the ammo is cheap enough.. going to the range today if it is open... going to check on my bike and see how it is going.. i think I am just waiting on a part(speedo bracket) from STG almost ready to panic it has been little over 2 weeks... gonna be pissed if i got burned for 180.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
springfield makes a GREAT weapon I like the XD models ..I also have a s&w 1911 .9mm M39 they call them the "hushpuppy"... i agree the 1911 is a mans gun it feels great in the hand that is for sure.... I try to keep everything 9mm I shoot a lot and the ammo is cheap enough.. going to the range today if it is open... going to check on my bike and see how it is going.. i think I am just waiting on a part(speedo bracket) from STG almost ready to panic it has been little over 2 weeks... gonna be pissed if i got burned for 180.
9mm is a very popular round and I might have one if I didn't already have these other calibers. I don't want to add another caliber to an already overpopulated collection. Another reason I never bought a 9mm is because of a friend of mine who is always asking me why I chose the larger caliber handguns. He's always trying to prove to me that the 9mm is the best all around caliber and how it is superior to all other rounds for various reasons. For all I know, he may be right, but his bullheadedness put a bad taste in my mouth so I'm not going to own one. LOL

The way I look at it, if you're comfortable with what you shoot and you can hit the target, then that's what you should shoot. I really like my .44 Magnum revolver, but it's not a practical carry gun for me. In my opinion, automatics are the way to go. Yeah, my 10mm and my .45 ACP are large frame guns, but I can shoot them pretty good and I carry them concealed a lot.

I do also sometimes carry a small .38 Special in my pocket just for a backup, but I put much more faith in the larger calibers to protect me and stop the threat.

·
Registered
948 Posts
9mm is a very popular round and I might have one if I didn't already have these other calibers. I don't want to add another caliber to an already overpopulated collection. Another reason I never bought a 9mm is because of a friend of mine who is always asking me why I chose the larger caliber handguns. He's always trying to prove to me that the 9mm is the best all around caliber and how it is superior to all other rounds for various reasons. For all I know, he may be right, but his bullheadedness put a bad taste in my mouth so I'm not going to own one. LOL

The way I look at it, if you're comfortable with what you shoot and you can hit the target, then that's what you should shoot. I really like my .44 Magnum revolver, but it's not a practical carry gun for me. In my opinion, automatics are the way to go. Yeah, my 10mm and my .45 ACP are large frame guns, but I can shoot them pretty good and I carry them concealed a lot.

I do also sometimes carry a small .38 Special in my pocket just for a backup, but I put much more faith in the larger calibers to protect me and stop the threat.
I recall years back when i was shopping for my first handgun in FL i went to a sporting goods store to look at the different models and types and the salesman i was talking with who was also an instructor went to show me the .22's and i was like no thanks, i want a man-stopper round to which he posed the question.."do you know what the round of choice is for hitmen?" and he told me it was the .22 because of the damage it inflicts when it enters and bounces around hitting bones and tearing through flesh in your body.. I wound up with a Ruger 9MM P95DC to which i have been very pleased with.. but if i ever get a side-gig, i'd have to have another look at the .22's ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts

I agree, use what you like... I will use anything you hand me...I like sigs if i had my choice, would get 1 of everything they have. It is just more cost effective for me. had a few bad years.. does that 44 twist your wrist off? very nice ..its nice to be in a carry state that is for sure...

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I recall years back when i was shopping for my first handgun in FL i went to a sporting goods store to look at the different models and types and the salesman i was talking with who was also an instructor went to show me the .22's and i was like no thanks, i want a man-stopper round to which he posed the question.."do you know what the round of choice is for hitmen?" and he told me it was the .22 because of the damage it inflicts when it enters and bounces around hitting bones and tearing through flesh in your body.. I wound up with a Ruger 9MM P95DC to which i have been very pleased with.. but if i ever get a side-gig, i'd have to have another look at the .22's ;)
I've heard that "bounce around" story so many times. I've seen a guy get shot in the abdomen with a .22 and it barely left a hole. At the hospital they put a patch on it and called it good. Also knew a guy who accidentally got shot in the leg with a 9mm. He just looked down at it and started bitching at the guy who shot him. Not saying I'd want to get shot with anything, but a larger caliber will do more damage.

My question to the "salesman/instructor" would've been, how the hell does he know what actual hitmen use to kill people. Even if some did use .22's, I'm sure hitmen are like anyone else and there would be differing opinions from many different hitmen, all arguing that their type of gun was the best to kill people.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I agree, use what you like... I will use anything you hand me...I like sigs if i had my choice, would get 1 of everything they have. It is just more cost effective for me. had a few bad years.. does that 44 twist your wrist off? very nice ..its nice to be in a carry state that is for sure...
The .44 mag doesn't really twist at all, even one handed, even with the 4" barrel. It kicks like hell and raises up on me some. After firing a few rounds, that tendon between the thumb and the other fingers gets pretty sore. I really enjoy shooting it, but I rarely do since I practice more with what I normally carry.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The .44 mag doesn't really twist at all, even one handed, even with the 4" barrel. It kicks like hell and raises up on me some. After firing a few rounds, that tendon between the thumb and the other fingers gets pretty sore. I really enjoy shooting it, but I rarely do since I practice more with what I normally carry.
thats kind of funny I asked cuz I snapped that tendon before that why I asked...It is called a gamekeepers wound.. I have a small issue firing a weapon with my left hand(im lefty).. they gave the police in Boston Ma lager caliber back in the 90s they had 9mm they went 40cal, 2 police shot 1 man like 14 time and 1 cop died 1 shot multiple times... it just pissed the guy off. he got up off the ground and like a boss went to work. people thought the guy was wearing a vest, the guy also died but not after getting shot many times like it was nothing.... cant say if the guy was on anything can say he was a monster. 6'3 290lbs. looked like a linebacker.. I was in my early 20s at the time. never forget fucked up shit like that..

21 - 40 of 41 Posts