Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im picking up my 2015 red fury tomorrow, She is pretty . Has cobra pipes, cobra air, has small Menphis wind screen. Owner gave me all original parts. the only issue i have is it has i little low n mean break light , I'm gunna put back the OEM. I hope the connectors where not cut off.. and he lowered the bike with i different spring which he gave me the original . I dont know if there is any benefit from a lowered bike or not?? smother ride?? rougher ride ?? scraps the ground on turns ??.

Hop to make friends here

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome from WA.
I wish I could tell you if there was/is a difference in the way the fury rides but I did less then 100 miles before doing the t-mod, cutting the spring and mounting a 240 on the back. I can say, except for scraping entering my driveway I love how the bike rides and handles. Also nice that I can flat foot at lights without having my leg close the the exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bro, i guess see how it is , i can alway adjust for the time being.. btw aces and eights was the password on the computer from the movie Along came a spider.. good luck on your next hand

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from WA.
I wish I could tell you if there was/is a difference in the way the fury rides but I did less then 100 miles before doing the t-mod, cutting the spring and mounting a 240 on the back. I can say, except for scraping entering my driveway I love how the bike rides and handles. Also nice that I can flat foot at lights without having my leg close the the exhaust.
i have a 240 back tires on my yamaha Stryker, Must look great on a Fury

·
Registered
919 Posts
Welcome.. lowering the rear is primarily for aesthetics... it makes the ride a bit more harsh and i believe and i believe affects the handling as well (mine also is raised so it may be a combo effect). I also have the swept exhaust and have scraped bottom middle of the exhaust (have spiked pegs which are a bit shorter and never scrape) on sharper turns especially with wifey on the back, ironically have had to raise the rear shock adjustment to counteract that, all in all, still worth it to keep as is and if you can do the fork extenders, that makes a huge visual difference as well

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
thanks Bro, i guess see how it is , i can alway adjust for the time being.. btw aces and eights was the password on the computer from the movie Along came a spider.. good luck on your next hand
Another welcome aboard from WA. Technically you cannot adjust the ride height. You are adjusting the preload on the spring. The percentage of sag will change based on this setting. But if you adjust the preload because you don't want the bike to sit as "deep" initially in its travel, the ride is going to be more harsh. The proper amount of preload for body weight ensures that you still get to use full travel and the bike will handle as it should. Preload can be set and forget for the most part if you ride 1-up, but if you have a passenger it's good to record your suspension settings as you'll need to change that preload setting whether you are riding 1 or 2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If it is a l&m spring then it's only a 1.5" drop. Since the work has already been done, I agree with Krash, adjust the shock setting for you and see how it feels (I have seen a how to here somewhere).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another welcome aboard from WA. Technically you cannot adjust the ride height. You are adjusting the preload on the spring. The percentage of sag will change based on this setting. But if you adjust the preload because you don't want the bike to sit as "deep" initially in its travel, the ride is going to be more harsh. The proper amount of preload for body weight ensures that you still get to use full travel and the bike will handle as it should. Preload can be set and forget for the most part if you ride 1-up, but if you have a passenger it's good to record your suspension settings as you'll need to change that preload setting whether you are riding 1 or 2.
I picked up Fury today, rode it home 45 miles WOW what a great bike..the previous owner bought new, he install a lowering spring, and gave me the original , what i was asking was , is there advantage lowering the bike?? or should i put back original ??. i went riding today with bro with my Stryker. don't want to ride fury, the light bar is out and want to put back original tail light.. .. the Stryker is mean, the Fury is Sexy, i think ill keep both of them

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome.. lowering the rear is primarily for aesthetics... it makes the ride a bit more harsh and i believe and i believe affects the handling as well (mine also is raised so it may be a combo effect). I also have the swept exhaust and have scraped bottom middle of the exhaust (have spiked pegs which are a bit shorter and never scrape) on sharper turns especially with wifey on the back, ironically have had to raise the rear shock adjustment to counteract that, all in all, still worth it to keep as is and if you can do the fork extenders, that makes a huge visual difference as well
Yah, i wanna get hard bags, son of a bitch they are $$$. and a sissy bar. Winter is almost here, next summer can't wait to give her a good polish

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I picked up Fury today, rode it home 45 miles WOW what a great bike..the previous owner bought new, he install a lowering spring, and gave me the original , what i was asking was , is there advantage lowering the bike?? or should i put back original ??. i went riding today with bro with my Stryker. don't want to ride fury, the light bar is out and want to put back original tail light.. .. the Stryker is mean, the Fury is Sexy, i think ill keep both of them
If you like the look of the bike as is (take note of the rear fender compared to the rear wheel), then keep it. There's photos on the interwebz of the difference in the fender gap with and without it. It's not going to enhance any bike performance except lowering the CG a bit. Other than that, nada. Some pipes (and you can scrape pegs) will scrape the ground in hard leaned turns, and it's a bit more difficult to get a jack under it, but the Harbor Freight one works with the bike lowered.

I ran with a lowered spring for a while. Liked it a lot. But moditis bit me and I built an air ride for the rear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i guess ill play with in the summer, and c what happens ... Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts