Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have new HID kit but it only contains a single bulb. Is it not supposed to have two? My old HID kit does? <-- Changing to a brighter white.
Thanks
T

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I have seen them with both (single and double) you got to read the description before you buy. but the single may give you what you want.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen them with both (single and double) you got to read the description before you buy. but the single may give you what you want.
I was under the impression that the HID functioned as the low beam, even though it's much much brighter then high beam. Hence you still have high and low. But with single bulb I am assuming you only have one --
T

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
the ones I saw had a dual filliment single bulb, does yours have a single filiment or a dual?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I posted a thread about this a few months back. Crappy ass low beam and an hid high beam. That's what you get with an h4 setup. I believe if you buy a really expensive setup it can fuction as hid high and hid low by moving a reflector plate under the bulb to shift the focal point.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
...and that's it.
no hugs no kisses.
no see ya later alligator.

wtf, what was the problem and how did you figure it out?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
A word of CAUTION seems appropriate here; some of the guys on my Solstice Forum are experiencing melted headlight wires after installing some of the really bright (read HOT) headlight bulbs, although I'm not certain if it's caused by heat or the increased amperage draw. Just a FWIW......................

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts