Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Need focal lens....

I wouldnt worry about heat as much as I would not WANT A LIGHT CANNON ON THE FRONT of the bike!

Not one upgrade HID kit, comes with a focal lens like in a car. This projects the HID beam in a tighter pattern and cuts down on the THROW of the HID.

I had a crotch rocket coming at me with an HID in both side, it was to bright in the LATE DAY/DUSK!

The next round of HID kit IMO will have this CRUCIAL feature included.

I have a H4 plasma bulb blue/purple, the K listed is 3800k/5000k this is bright.
the HID kit I saw, to get to blue was around 6000k or so 8500k looked sharpest.

One guy on this forum, has put several HID kits on his Hondas, done it with success and said that the ballast will fit inside tank nicely. You need mini ballast to hide it in there.

· Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Check Dillionr posts run search...

Look for Dillonr post on this subject he stated that the BALLAST really doesn't get hot only rather warm, yes the harness is large and YOU HAVE TO SEE WHAT MINI_ballast really measure up to HxW. But Dillonr has done this to his old Fury he sold and a VTX 1300!!!
The Fury has a open frame and this fact makes wiring lights rather hard, hard to hide wires and clips ect....

Later all,

IM goin out FOR A BLAST ON THE FURY!!!! 70 and sunny out today!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.