Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
Maybe I'm being too critical but how many candle power do you need on a motorcycle?
I can agree with a brighter running light for daytime driving, but some of these HID kits can illuminate a forest.

I changed mine to an off the shelf H4 Sylvania and if I need candle power I hit the high beam switch.

To put a HID ballast that sucks power and generates heat that you have to find a place to install it so it doesn't melt your wiring harness..

I ask why?
I also put in an off the shelf H4 sylvania; I was more than happy with it but then read the threads about the potential wattage issue. I was not aware of this when I bought it and never thought to look for the watts; now not sure if I should go back and check packaging in the store to ensure it's not the higher wattage with risk of burning out wiring. Only had about 20-30 miles on the bike with the new bulb; there were no problems but I'd hate to find out it'll happen sometime on my way home on a dark night.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.