Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wanted to share this idea with everyone. I picked this up from my Father. It's a chrome cap to cover Large Bolts. I cut off the key ring portion of the key to set into the cap a little deeper. I used a two part epoxy to secure the key. See attached Pictures. Let me know what you think or if you need anymore details.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Looks pretty damn good

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very nice.. with this mod, are you removing the key when parked or leaving it there in the hopes that no one notices the key in the ignition

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice.. with this mod, are you removing the key when parked or leaving it there in the hopes that no one notices the key in the ignition
Great question, I think it would depend on the circumstances. If I am stopping for a short period of time
( gas coffee etc ) on weekend rides with friends where the bike is near me I would leave it in. I would remove it for longer stops when the bike is out of my sight for a long time.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yeah looks really clean. Although I wouldn't trust hiding my key in the area I live. If I was still out in MT I wouldn't have a problem doing this

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah, definitely has to be the right circumstances to leave the key in.
Cheers.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Looks good! Don't try this if you have HISS ( Honda security system) as there is a chip in the key. No chip no start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great thought, that would not be good. Is the HISS system plug and play?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Great thought, that would not be good. Is the HISS system plug and play?
No, it is installed at the factory and it locks the engine if you try to start it without a key. Unlocking the engine requires a trip to the dealer and a fee of AU $3000.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I just ordered a chrome chrome chrome :D cap from Amazon and will give this simple mod a try! I will let you all know how it turns out !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered a chrome chrome chrome :D cap from Amazon and will give this simple mod a try! I will let you all know how it turns out !
Awesome, I trimmed the key back a little so the key would be a little closer to the ignition and left it out enough to get your fingers on it.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
The caps I ordered are supposed to be delivered today. In the photos they appear to be deeper than the one you used, but I won't know for sure until its in my hand. If a little trim is required, so be it! I will post pictures of the finished product soon. Thanks for the cool idea!
:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The caps I ordered are supposed to be delivered today. In the photos they appear to be deeper than the one you used, but I won't know for sure until its in my hand. If a little trim is required, so be it! I will post pictures of the finished product soon. Thanks for the cool idea!
:)
Awesome, I hope works out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts