Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High-back sissy bar seat - reminiscent of King and Queen chopper seats

I took the factory bracket that is used for the tiny backrest and attached that to a piece of 1/2" ply cut to shape. I used blind nuts and allen head bolts cut down to size to attach to the bracket. The bracket holds tight enough and doesn't wiggle at all. I covered with vinyl on the back and stapled on the front. I then took a larger piece of vinyl for the padded part and stuffed the front section with polyfill. I didn't find chrome chair tacks at the time so I used brass to hold the padding and vinyl in front. I'm going to redo the tacks with chrome to match everything else. I screwed up on the very bottom at the base but it was about an hour before a long ride to PA when I finished it. I made it the perfect height for my tour back to wrap the velcro around and bungie the rest. It's held up on trips all the way to Pennsylvania and back without budging. Guests on the back complain if I don't put that on for them. I don't let them apply full weight to it (but most of it) and it's very comfortable for them. I'm going to weld up a longer bar for full support soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts