Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody tried the Kuryakyn Cruise Peg Mounts for VTX 1300 C/Retro on their forward controls to see if they would fit? Just curious...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
guess I might be the first... lol

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it will be in the way of your brake pedal.
That's why I was asking if anybody has actually tried it... I want to make sure that it fit right... I saw an 1800 that has a highway peg mount like this, it didn't detract from the bike any... and it was a custom bike that looked nice, but was also something functional for us slightly taller riders... Maybe it was a custom made highway peg that he had on there... don't know, only one way to find out tho as it looks like nobody else has tried it, either have somebody else put it on that has them readily available or has it on their other rig, or do it myself...

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
James,

What was the final verdict? Did you get a highway peg for the Fury and, if so, what worked best?

Alan

Just getting started ...
* Arlen Ness Scoop Triangle Mirrors
* Shayne License Plate Side Mount
(lots more to come - no $$ yet)

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Wouldn't you be better off with some extended forward controls? The stock forward controls are rather ordinary anyway.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i'm thinking of going with better forward controls. being 6'2" even though it is way more comfortable than other bikes I've ridden, still gets uncomfortable after about 20 miles. i would think moving them forward about 2-3 inches would work well. i was just curious if this worked as it might be cheaper than a forward control set.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
i'm thinking of going with better forward controls. being 6'2" even though it is way more comfortable than other bikes I've ridden, still gets uncomfortable after about 20 miles. i would think moving them forward about 2-3 inches would work well. i was just curious if this worked as it might be cheaper than a forward control set.
Was at my local Honda dealer and seen a set of 3" extenders for the factory forward controls for a vxt. brake line, bolts, and brackets. looked really close to what we have. I am thinking it was about 100 bucks. If I get time monday I will run buy and try to pick their brains and get info. its alot cheaper then buying new forwards.. will post as soon as I get info

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I don't know if RSS tried these, but I do know that he has the Kury swingwing pegs on now, when the wing part is out is gives you some room to stretch the legs out, and when they are closed they are like mini floorboards.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I know they are expensive ... but i cant tell you how much of a difference this made my knees feel. The Accutronix forward controls that move everything forward were a God send. Yeah, i griped about them using Metric and SAE .... but beyond that they are a worth while investment.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
James,

What was the final verdict? Did you get a highway peg for the Fury and, if so, what worked best?

Alan

Just getting started ...
* Arlen Ness Scoop Triangle Mirrors
* Shayne License Plate Side Mount
(lots more to come - no $$ yet)
Sorry, no... didn't get those, ended up going with the swing-wings and they work just fine. Everybody likes them too, they have that transformer affect on the psychy... lol. Anyways, only thing about the swing-wings that I would change is to have my legs about 1 inch longer, but besides that... they work fine. Eventually I will get some of the expensive forward controls, but that will probably have to wait till later this year or early next year. Until then, the swing-wings will be just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
If/when you go with the Accutronix, be careful about the 3" extended model. If you look closely at their website, you will see that the standard controls are already moved forward almost as far a the frame where the mounting bolts exists. The 3" extensions go beyond that!

Too far out and you're gonna need platform shoes ;-)>

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pete, heartland still has their forwards 20 percent off in both the reg and 3 in. Here is the link if interested.

heartland honda
If/when you go with the Accutronix, be careful about the 3" extended model. If you look closely at their website, you will see that the standard controls are already moved forward almost as far a the frame where the mounting bolts exists. The 3" extensions go beyond that!

Too far out and you're gonna need platform shoes ;-)>
Thanks for the heads up, both of you guys! :D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Pete, heartland still has their forwards 20 percent off in both the reg and 3 in. Here is the link if interested.
Damn You, Jnukes! Damn you. I'm trying to behave this month. But, man, I don't know if I can pass up 20% off. That would cover the labor for the shop to install these for me.

BTW, before you all start trying to convince me I can do it myself - I am not messing with brake lines and master cylinders. The only thing worse than not starting ... not stopping! :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn You, Jnukes! Damn you. I'm trying to behave this month. But, man, I don't know if I can pass up 20% off. That would cover the labor for the shop to install these for me.

BTW, before you all start trying to convince me I can do it myself - I am not messing with brake lines and master cylinders. The only thing worse than not starting ... not stopping! :eek:
Yea, tell me about it... I've spent so much money in the last 2 months that I am grounded for a couple of months... lol... school is going to start up here again and have to buy stuff for the boy... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Yea, tell me about it... I've spent so much money in the last 2 months that I am grounded for a couple of months... lol... school is going to start up here again and have to buy stuff for the boy... :rolleyes:
I've got a simple wishlist that totals out at just under $3000:

Well, it dropped under $3000 when I realized this sale price!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts