Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on taking my Fury from NC to CT on the vessel I work on and plan to use the Davit (Onboard Crane) to hoist it on deck and then lash it down. Bought an OEM bike cover for it as well to help keep it protected. Will be on the Fly Bridge and protected from ocean spray but not sea air. The crane has a single hook (2000lb capacity) to which I need to secure lifting straps, which I have not purchased yet.
Does anyone know the best way to safely attach the straps to the bike and where on the bike would you secure them so that the bike stays upright and the straps do not damage it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
so , i have some experience in this area( crates , cranes , shipping ect ) your best bet is to ship your bike over land by box truck and forgo your vessel plan
your plan would entail a shippers crate , several 4x4 skids, bungie straps , cargo straps, D anchors , container air bags and even at that, with no expert rigger to set it all up , disaster and or damage is likely
thats my 22 years at shippings .02 cents worth of advice

·
Premium Member
900 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
how did you figure the date?
My super secret haxzor skillz.... ;) j/k the image attachment filename is standard for an Android device taking the pic... YYYYMMDD_hhmmss.jpg

That picture was taken May 30th of this year, at 11:08 AM in whatever timezone he was in...
Sky Water Vehicle Engineering Urban design

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts