Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am shitting my pants! Hope I don't get laied off!

Finally paid the SUMO X in full. Just paid for the L&M 8's, just got a throttle lock, and now i am going to get the Big city thunder baffles!

This bike is nothing short of custom!
I don't know how many will have the 8 degree with the sumo but i know i will. And this thing will spin heads.

Kurt at sumo is also doing something special for me.
I think I can safely say no one with a FURY that we know of will have this SUMO fender. Probably no one with a FURY period has this. I can say after you see it, you will want it!
It's the pointy fender with a kick ass twist.
I cant wait!
Shit, now i gotta get paint!
That will be next year with the bore kit.:D
Good luck with the mods everyone.
JUST PULL THE TRIGGER!!!:eek:

Crap, I just realized I gotta pay someone to put all this stuff on!
Gotta be another grand?:(

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Crap, I just realized I gotta pay someone to put all this stuff on!
Gotta be another grand?:(
Ship it down to Indy to

MyFuryGarage Motorcycle Shop and Accessories

Oh I let the cat outta the bag ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Holy crap is right. You must have hit megabucks. Contratz and can't wait to see it.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the L&M tree’s too. So we can roll into Indy together! Did you get the L&M risers? I’m gonna do it.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and ordered the L&M tree’s too. So we can roll into Indy together! Did you get the L&M risers? I’m gonna do it.

I am sticking with my scootworks because L&M said they will work fine.
Plus I had them powder coated.

Just a thought Richard, L&M said they are making my break line even longer then they would with just the 8s because of the risers. Might wanna make sure you got that as well. 2in longer then the regular extended brake line.
Get those 8's put on the second you get them Richard so we can see it with the fat tire and drool.
Wait till you see this custom fender!
INDY IT IS!!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ship it down to Indy to

MyFuryGarage Motorcycle Shop and Accessories

Oh I let the cat outta the bag ;)
I thought you might chime in.
I know your thinking of cruzing the country installing trees?
If you end up doing that then count me in. Gotta be after January though. And u gotta be cheaper then the steeler dealer!:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Which pipes do you have and if it is swepts which baffle number did you order?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which pipes do you have and if it is swepts which baffle number did you order?
Swepts,
Part #2001
They said these were loud and the ones that would fit.

These.
https://bigcitythunder.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=2&bc=no

Didn't order them yet. If you notice i said "going to" in my post.
Do you know something I dont? I am wondering how a straight pipe goes in a curved tube?
You have these don't you?
Tell us about them!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

Looks like the same ones I get from VTX-treme

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Swepts,
Part #2001
They said these were loud and the ones that would fit.

These.
https://bigcitythunder.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=2&bc=no

Didn't order them yet. If you notice i said "going to" in my post.
Do you know something I dont? I am wondering how a straight pipe goes in a curved tube?
You have these don't you?
Tell us about them!

No I don't have thunder baffles but I do have the home made version of them and they sound good. If I can get mine out again (very tight fit) I am going to order a set of thunder baffles to try. I think the thunder baffles might have a slight curve to them because they list different numbers for straight pipes.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
omg, curved baffles into straight pipes. I'm intrigued, too. MRB, you're gonna be the envy of every kid on this block, buddy!
Mike will get you set up and you'll soon be ROCKIN' ON!

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I am sticking with my scootworks because L&M said they will work fine.
Plus I had them powder coated.

Just a thought Richard, L&M said they are making my break line even longer then they would with just the 8s because of the risers. Might wanna make sure you got that as well. 2in longer then the regular extended brake line.
Get those 8's put on the second you get them Richard so we can see it with the fat tire and drool.
Wait till you see this custom fender!
INDY IT IS!!
This actually happened to me. I had L & M Triple Tree put on with the Scootworks Risers. The problem is there is very little to no give so yes you need a longer brake line. I was able to ride my bike home from the shop after the install, but after a while it will rub the paint off the tank. My shop recommended getting a plus 5 brake line for the front end so you have adequate give.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
looks like you were a good boy this year,merry christmas early.

·
Registered
29 Posts
baffles

I had thunder baffles on my shadow spirit, w/vance and hines pipes. You will be very pleased at the throaty sound!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had thunder baffles on my shadow spirit, w/vance and hines pipes. You will be very pleased at the throaty sound!
Good, gotta be better then the cobra baffles.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I installed the big city thunder baffles, p/n2001 in my Cobra swept pipes last night while I was changing out the rear rims. They went in real easy. I ran the bike and yes they are loud. I will take it for a ride today and see if I notice and performance difference compaired to no baffle and if I can, I will get it dyno'ed again and compare it to standard baffle and no baffle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts