Honda Fury Forums: banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

Registered
Is the guy still doing the reflashes. Its 2020 now lol going to buy a fury and this sounds promising. 馃檪
Give him a call. But I am sure he is. I can't remember who, but someone just had it done I thought...

Registered
Just got my ECU back today. Best money I've spent on any vehicle or motorcycle. Sent it on monday, they got it on tuesday and talked on phone with them. Finished it and had it back early this afternoon on wednesday. Plug and play, and it's everything that people described it to be. I'm running the flash, K&n highflo and vance and hines slip ons. Bike is amazing. Love the new powerband and how the gears feel. 10/10 would flash again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Just got my ECU back today. Best money I've spent on any vehicle or motorcycle. Sent it on monday, they got it on tuesday and talked on phone with them. Finished it and had it back early this afternoon on wednesday. Plug and play, and it's everything that people described it to be. I'm running the flash, K&n highflo and vance and hines slip ons. Bike is amazing. Love the new powerband and how the gears feel. 10/10 would flash again.
Don does exceptional work... and he is fast.

As a general rule there are three types of work... Good, Fast, and Cheap... usually you can pick any two.

Don checks all the boxes in my opinion.

Glad you are well satisfied.

Registered
Don does exceptional work... and he is fast.

As a general rule there are three types of work... Good, Fast, and Cheap... usually you can pick any two.

Don checks all the boxes in my opinion.

Glad you are well satisfied.

Well said. I wish I could give him more of my business, but I'll just have to hope that anyone reading forums and on the fence about getting flash done will read this and not have to think about it any more. This bike can pull now like it always wanted to since it came out of the factory and def gets past one hundo no prob.

Registered
Don Guhl is still doing reflashes. Had a custom 2-1 pipe made for my Interstate with a packed muffler and a megaphone style muffler. You can see in the dyno sheet attached, the megaphone makes a bit more midrange, and the packed muffler makes a little more top end. the bottom end we think is from 2 different sized collectors, or maybe resonance helping scavenging from the megaphone.

Attachments

Registered
I never took pics of taking the ECU out of my ABS Fury, but here are some pics of how I put it back in. You should be able to do this in reverse. It took me maybe 10 minutes to put it back in along with taking photos of how I oriented it to get it back in place. Taking it out took me and my son a hour to figure out how to wiggle it around to get it out. Hope this helps some ABS guys that want a reflash, but don't want to spend a hour getting it out.

Orient the ECU in this direction to slide it in from the side.

Here you can see I'm starting to tuck the corner of the ECU into the rubber sleeve. You can see in the bottom of the photo the three hard brake lines you have to contend with.

This is a side shot of how I oriented the suspension adjustment knob to slip the ECU past the other end and starting to rotate it upwards

Once you slip the ECU in you should have it oriented like this to get enough clearance to get it lined up. From here you need to push the bottom of the ECU back out of the rubber sleeve so that you can finish rotating the top end into the rubber sleeve. At this point it really would have been helpful if I would have unbolted the green wires before I started for more clearance. It's a 10mm bolt. I pulled that down out of the way out the side with the rest of the wiring harness and fuse box.

And the finished installation. Just button everything back up as Kbuskill instructed earlier in this thread. There is no need to remove the fender nor pull the ECU out through the rear as mentioned before. This could be a difference in the years of the ABS models (mine is a '19), but from what I could see, pulling the ECU out through the fender well was not a possibility.

Registered
Is this new or did I just miss it?

Registered
Just called them. They said nope they don鈥檛 flash motorcycles any longer as of 2 weeks ago. EPA related of course.

Registered
2011 Fury -Burgundy Lightening is a non-abs American bike-
What if you live in another country, or sign a waiver that you are only using it at the track.;)

61 - 80 of 118 Posts