Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
WHO took your guns??? I think you should report this to the police.
On 2 Wheels was referring to the disarmament of Australia back in the late 90s. We had some crazy guy shoot about 30 people down in Port Arthur Tasmania. The then prime minister John Howard made it illegal to own a gun and everyone had to surrender their firearms, except if you were a farmer. These days the only people who have guns are the military, cops and criminals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I remember yonks ago, we used to joke "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". Can you smell smoke--- every time this slight of hand is performed while we are debating and arguing over shit,we have had a metric tone of changes imposed behind our backs. This is new politics.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
227 Posts
If they try that here I’ll be the guy doin the shootin!

let me try to rationalize this: they defunded police departments all over, totally alienated the remaining law enforcement and now they want gun control (basically take our guns)…. Ummmm who the fuck is goin to protect me and my family from all the illegal guns owners (aka criminals)??? Yup sorry it’s too stupid of a concept for my intelligent brain to comprehend! I’ll keep mine and when they come they’ll have a fight on their hands.

hey you guys in Aussie land: what was the penalty for not turning in your weapons?

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
41 Posts
If we didn't have a slow ass government in charge of rolling out the vaccinations we would be in a better fuckin place. Shit it ain't rocket science, get the people vaccinated and we can get back to normal, but no we'll go slow and keep lockin the fuckin place down, can't go here, can't go there, what a joke!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
let me try to rationalize this: they defunded police departments all over, totally alienated the remaining law enforcement and now they want gun control (basically take our guns)…. Ummmm who the fuck is goin to protect me and my family from all the illegal guns owners (aka criminals)??? Yup sorry it’s too stupid of a concept for my intelligent brain to comprehend! I’ll keep mine and when they come they’ll have a fight on their hands.
All I can say is if/when this happens......

·
Registered
494 Posts
HaHa, right on God bless America!! Where's Mad dog Tannen when you want him. Trump had the right idea, It's China who's the fuckin problem, got to reign them in man, getting out of hand
My money's on the Spratly Islands being a battle zone in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
HaHa, right on God bless America!! Where's Mad dog Tannen when you want him. Trump had the right idea, It's China who's the fuckin problem, got to reign them in man, getting out of hand
I think a showdown is coming quicker than most people realise. The Chinese know Biden is weak and while he is in power they have the best chance of invading Taiwan and getting away with it. I just hope the world finally wake up and get ready to keep the Chinese "honest".

·
Registered
2011 Fury
227 Posts
I agree with the Chinese probably pushin their luck however the old cigar chewing military brass we have will most likely make the ole’ idiot (sorry I mean our president) take some action. Unless they’re so discouraged from Afghanistan that out of spite they’ll make Joe the moron (sorry president Biden) look even more weak by telling him not to waste American blood. But you’re right in the fact that they’re probably going to try and take Taiwan back with force in the very near future, they’ve been getting aggressive with their military maneuvers and fly by’s and testing the defenses of Taiwan. Either way China taking back Taiwan soon…..

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
...however the old cigar chewing military brass we have will most likely make the ole’ idiot (sorry I mean our president) take some action...
If memory serves, the first thing Obama did was remove them and replace them with rainbow-flag wavers. Then, like under Clinton, we were perpetually enforcing our will places we probably didn't belong. Trump, for good and for bad, mostly ended the policy of Police Action, and with that said, and if memory serves, the United States isn't supposed to use military force against other countries unless a Declaration of War is issued by Congress, so, if mostly ending our military involvement wasn't necessarily a good thing in some instances, at least it appears to have been the "right" thing. However, the military was already quite tainted, and removing the piss from the punch was too large a task.

One of the things Pelosi said after Trump took office is [approximately], "If Trump doesn't vacate the White House after he loses the next election we'll use the military to remove him by force," later parroted by Biden. There's reason behind those words.

MacArthur, a man who knew human nature, wanted to save the world a lot of expense and suffering. You see where that line of thinking got him and Patton...so there's probably not much left in the modern military.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts