Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets try this again. I have a near mint Blvd. windshield for a stock Fury. If you have the 8* trees it will not fit. I hate giving it up, as every little piece of sand, insects and road debris now hits me square in the face:mad:

$100 shipped. PayPal $105.

·
Registered
204 Posts
there is two ways to install it with the 8 degree trees i have the same windshied on my bike you can see it on my photo's will be posting more pics of my trip to las vages, but you can get a longer bolt and use washers as a spacer or find a couple of studs and bolts it up that way

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
there is two ways to install it with the 8 degree trees i have the same windshied on my bike you can see it on my photo's will be posting more pics of my trip to las vages, but you can get a longer bolt and use washers as a spacer or find a couple of studs and bolts it up that way
Well if theres a way guess I need to figure it out . I did think of longer bolts with a shem to fill the gap but didnt seem to clear the headlight . Pics of yours would be nice .

·
Registered
204 Posts
i'm sorry i did trim mine with a drimall tool i went a little to much all you need to remove is about half an inch just cut it at a slight moon shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This does give me some ideas. Im going to have to tackle this ASAP as im tired of getting hit by every little thing on earth. If i can get it to work ill be sure to post up a how to. God i hope so .. this would make riding fun again.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Be sure and post up if you get it to work. I have always wanted to get one of these.

·
Registered
204 Posts
it will work you have to trim the bottom of the shield alittle not as much as i did. you can see it in my pic.If i need to pm me i can give you better instruction.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You gotta be kidding me! couple a bugs?
Wear a helmet, ya ****! or are you already?
Just because i like the warmth and compassion of a fellow man on occasion doesnt make me a ***. Unless of course you are courting me cause of my awsome looking blue fury.

With the lines of the Fury, if you run around town with a full face .... yeah thats kinda gay.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I have never thought of adding one for a few reasons. I see the photos with them on and it just doesn't look like it would do any good. But if you had one high enough for me it wouldn't look right on the Fury.

But I do ride in a county that has at times 8 1/2 bugs per square inch.

SO how well do they work?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
You gotta be kidding me! couple a bugs?
Wear a helmet, ya ****! or are you already?
LOL I like the way you think, however.........

Just because i like the warmth and compassion of a fellow man on occasion doesnt make me a ***. Unless of course you are courting me cause of my awsome looking blue fury.

With the lines of the Fury, if you run around town with a full face .... yeah thats kinda gay.
........I bought a full face helmet and have never worn the damn thing once because I can't stand helmets.

Well, I take that back. I did wear it once when it was just too damn cold to ride without it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan, i can tell you that im pissed all over again that i cant the damn thing to fit the new trees ... again. I went through this back in Feb. after in installed the new trees and couldnt get the mount right with the Blvd. I sat there and measured .. measured again ... test fit and looked and still couldnt get it to line up with out making a whole new bracket. Its looking more and more like im just going to sell it, cause it aint gonna fit!

In laymens terms, i say it does work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just kidding, I don't like to ride with a windscreen, possibly because I never had one. I also worked the 10:00 pm to 7:30 am shift a couple of summers ago. and let me tell ya, you do get hit with every living thing riding at night!
It's like new riders, or passengers say they can't breath, at first, because of the onrush of air, But we all get used to it eventually.
If I had to go with a windscreen, the OEM would be the only one, as It's the least intrusive.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Just to let anyone who's interested know . I got my BLVD sheild back on last night with the 8* tree's so it will work . Its about a inch lower than stock . Im cutting a new smoked sheild to fit the new mounting angle . I like the sheild as I like to smoke @45 mph , cant do it without it .

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just to let anyone who's interested know . I got my BLVD sheild back on last night with the 8* tree's so it will work . Its about a inch lower than stock . Im cutting a new smoked sheild to fit the new mounting angle . I like the sheild as I like to smoke @45 mph , cant do it without it .
Don't tell CB that lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't tell CB that lol
FUCK ME RUNNING!:eek: I just got back from the post office after shipping mine out to Matte. Matte, you are one lucky sonnofa-bitch. Now go play the lottery!

Seriously, you made it fit? I couldnt get it to go with out chopping the ever living hell out of it. I must have missed something. Pics?

While we are on this topic .. there is a small version that basically covers the speedo. I havent been able to find one. Anyone know where i can get one?

C

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Keep in mind I have 3" handlebar risors . The height was ok with the oem trees . Makeing a new one simular to this one but taller and will be smoked and if I dont like it will cut another black one , overall im happy with it .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts