Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I searched a bit and couldn't find anything.
The square Honda emblem on the right side of my 2012 handlebars...
Is that just a sticker? Or is it metal and supposed to be a permanent fixture?
I'm not a fan of being a rolling billboard, as I've taken all emblems off of everything that I own. Paid a lot for my Cadi grill and sanded down trunk. LoL.
Just a personal preference.

Also, all posts I can find for engine covers (to cover up Honda), the links are dead. Any help there would be great too.
Be safe all!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
The Honda badge on the bars is just a sticker and comes off easily. I replaced it with a chromed plastic piece one of our forum members used to make. I'm not a fan of badges or stickers either. I took every badge and sticker off my bike the day I brought it home. I haven't covered "Honda" on the engine casings as you don't really notice them and it tells thieves it's not a Harley. (Harley's are one of the most stolen bikes in Oz)

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Honda badge on the bars is just a sticker and comes off easily. I replaced it with a chromed plastic piece one of our forum members used to make. I'm not a fan of badges or stickers either. I took every badge and sticker off my bike the day I brought it home. I haven't covered "Honda" on the engine casings as you don't really notice them and it tells thieves it's not a Harley. (Harley's are one of the most stolen bikes in Oz)
Personally, I would steal a Honda Fury over any Harley!!

·
Super Moderator
3,544 Posts
As I recall it's a metallic plate glued into a rectangular recess; removing the plate leaves an empty space. Replacing the triple-trees fixes that issue.

There are aftermarket covers or AutoZone mirrors for the engine.

--
Tails of my Trailer Park Lows
People here are so poor that after buying drugs, booze, and lottery tickets for the holiday weekend they don't have money for rent...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I recall it's a metallic plate glued into a rectangular recess; removing the plate leaves an empty space. Replacing the triple-trees fixes that issue.

There are aftermarket covers or AutoZone mirrors for the engine.

--
Tails of my Trailer Park Lows
People here are so poor that after buying drugs, booze, and lottery tickets for the holiday weekend they don't have money for rent...
Do you have a website for the aftermarket covers?
Like I said in the OP, all the posts on this site are old and links broken...

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Most of the old timers used to buy 3 1/2" convex mirrors and pull the glass off of the plastic backer and then use emblem tape to adhere them to the engine case side covers. This makes for a smooth chrome looking cover.

I personally used aluminum Masonic emblems on mine but had to make them convex to follow the contour of the engine covers.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hey all,
I searched a bit and couldn't find anything.
The square Honda emblem on the right side of my 2012 handlebars...
Is that just a sticker? Or is it metal and supposed to be a permanent fixture?
I'm not a fan of being a rolling billboard, as I've taken all emblems off of everything that I own. Paid a lot for my Cadi grill and sanded down trunk. LoL.
Just a personal preference.

Also, all posts I can find for engine covers (to cover up Honda), the links are dead. Any help there would be great too.
Be safe all!
If I'm correct in what you're looking for, I actually have a new set I never used. They are the chrome plastic with the ballmill grooves. If your interested, I would take $45.00 + shipping. Shipping would be about $13.00 in the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts