Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
ADAPTER

Chris,

The adapter looks hot and does the job.No problem at all with the install and everythings hidden up top. The only comment was that "maybe" there could have been a top bracket for a little extra support because these spikes are on the heavy side. I might make my own bracket up top in the future but that's on the paranoid side - it's actually perfect. Thanks a lot!

Larry
New York

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
would love to get the chrome adapter but 280 seem too much for a piece of plastic. Along the same lines of the spoiler, can't believe how much honda wants for that little piece.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Received my chrome adaptor on Friday and installed this weekend. LOOKS AWESOME!!! Ended up getting a spike on Ebay, couldn't pass up the price. I think its the same as Larry Legend has (since I used the like he posted in another thread).

Adaptor seems very rigid and intake is mounted firmly. Really impressed with it in person and installed. Makes the bike look mean now :cool: It will be LOW & MEAN (pun intended) once I get the air ride setup after they finish up all the r&d.

Keep it up L&M, Freakin awesome is all I can say!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kind of expensive

would love to get the chrome adapter but 280 seem too much for a piece of plastic. Along the same lines of the spoiler, can't believe how much honda wants for that little piece.
I agree.. $280 for a molded piece of plastic and two little breathers is extreamly expensive. To boot, another $300-$400 for a nice spike. Your lookin at about $700 for complete air intake.

Low&Mean does have the nicest looking intake adapter as it covers all the ugly stuff you don't want to see, but there is a huge price to pay in order to keep it clean.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I agree.. $280 for a molded piece of plastic and two little breathers is extreamly expensive. To boot, another $300-$400 for a nice spike. Your lookin at about $700 for complete air intake.

Low&Mean does have the nicest looking intake adapter as it covers all the ugly stuff you don't want to see, but there is a huge price to pay in order to keep it clean.
Its not plastic, Its fiberglass resen . Get lots of complements on it . Low And Mean did a great job fabricating it . I would not have any other

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Its not plastic, Its fiberglass resen . Get lots of complements on it . Low And Mean did a great job fabricating it . I would not have any other
Yea, I thought it was nice ever since I first laid my eyes on it... Now I'm just about tapped out and have to save up for a little bit, before the little lady kicks my...:p

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
The L&M adaptor works especially nice with the Hypercharger. It blends in nicely. Very clean on top. It also doesn't stick out very far like the stock or an elbow.

As far as I know the hypercharger is for a Harley. Got it from L&M.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been trying to decide on an adapter and one of the questions that pops up in my head is why the two smaller filters with the L&M adapter?

Overall I prefer the look of the L&M but at first glance the other adapters look like they don't require any other "modifications". Is there a reason for the two filters?

Appreciate the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts