Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO all,

first post here, actually i'm posting as a favor to my father, he owns a 2004 VTX1300c, and he has loved this bike immensly over the years. This is evident by the fact that he has nearly 100k kms on the beast so far.

He is wondering if it is possible to fit a 2010 HONDA FURY Engine into the frame of his current bike, as we know its a modified version of the same 1300cc engine. He is interested in this mostly due to the fact that the new engine is actually equipped Fuel Injection, as supposed to carbs. He is a life long mechanic and is sure to be able to do all the work himself so that is not a problem.

Does anybody know anything regarding this!!?? and maybe if / how its possible to purchase a brand new / or very light used honda fury engine!!??

please post if you have any info, thank you!!! also feel free to pm in regards to this thread!!!

THank y:cool:0u!!

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
(father) is wondering if it is possible to fit a 2010 HONDA FURY Engine into the frame of his current bike (VTX1300) ...and maybe if / how its possible to purchase a brand new / or very light used honda fury engine!!??
Call the major insurance carriers to see if you can locate a wrecked Fury :(.

If not, call Honda in Torrence, CA for pricing of engine/transmission unit, electronics and wire harness. Probably cheaper to buy a complete new motorcycle. Rumor has it that Honda plans to install PGM-FI on most of its motorcycles worldwide by the end of 2010 to reduce emissions :rolleyes:.

Post what you find out. It should be interesting!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You should be able to do it. Just find a wrecked Fury and use the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
grober is on page 5 of this forum.my dealer said biggest diff is fuelinjection and electronics.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Physically should be no problem, might be real tight up under the tank, but he could leave part or the covers off, and the left rear cover might not fit. Honda won't sell an entire engine, so he would have to get a wreck, and if he is not good with wiring, he would have to change alot of stuff such as the handlebar controls/switches and turn signal wiring, the 2 bikes use different types of plugs. Seems like way too much trouble for what you would gain, there are wrecked VTXs out there that would have fewer miles. if he just wants a low mileage engine. If he wants a newer FI engine, he might want to look at the new models coming out next month, or get a new (07 in the crate)VTX1800 Honda has great slashed prices on them. Just my 2cents

1 - 6 of 6 Posts